QuoteManager Ascii Import data missing.  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Rick Webber

QuoteManager Ascii Import data missing.

Postby Rick Webber » 11 Mar 2017

I wanted to import CL ascii data month by month. Jan, Dec, Nov went fine but then Oct wiped out all data and now when I import all appears to be going well and I get a "Completed Successfully" popup but there is nothing there when I edit the data. Doesn't matter what month. Any idea's? MC 64 V 10 b 13626

Rick Webber

Re: QuoteManager Ascii Import data disappearing.

Postby Rick Webber » 11 Mar 2017

Just happened again on another partition, operating system. Lost data on 3 CL symbols. 5 years ascii tick data on one of them. Poof, gone.
Now when I import I get popup that say's data imported successfully, but when I go to Edit Data, nothing is there.
Last edited by Rick Webber on 12 Mar 2017, edited 1 time in total.

TJ

Re: QuoteManager Ascii Import data missing.

Postby TJ » 11 Mar 2017

Not sure what you did; you might want to use LiveChat to connect to techsupp so that they can do an online diagnostic.

BTW do you have SSD or RAMdisk?
Did you re-start MC after import?

Rick Webber

Postby Rick Webber » 12 Mar 2017

I am using 2 different drives. One is a PCI-e RevoDrive SSD and the other a Samsung Evo SSD. I currently have two partitions and OS's on the Revo and 1 OS's on the Samsung. I tried both OS's on the Revo with same result and tried the Samsung today. I managed to load in a year's worth of tick data and it charted fine. I then tried to load a couple of indicators but for some reason wouldn't load so closed MultiCharts and did a repair, restarted MC and all the data had disappeared. Back to square one. I will have a chat tomorrow with support. What's your idea's concerning the SSD's TJ ?

TJ

Postby TJ » 12 Mar 2017

I am using 2 different drives. One is a PCI-e RevoDrive SSD and the other a Samsung Evo SSD. I currently have two partitions and OS's on the Revo and 1 OS's on the Samsung. I tried both OS's on the Revo with same result and tried the Samsung today. I managed to load in a year's worth of tick data and it charted fine. I then tried to load a couple of indicators but for some reason wouldn't load so closed MultiCharts and did a repair, restarted MC and all the data had disappeared. Back to square one. I will have a chat tomorrow with support. What's your idea's concerning the SSD's TJ ?

I suspect your SSD is the reason for the wayward data.
More testing is required.

Angelina MultiСharts

Re: QuoteManager Ascii Import data missing.  [SOLVED]

Postby Angelina MultiСharts » 14 Mar 2017

To give you guys an update:

The reason ASCII import was not working properly is database corruption. It was most likely a result of moving the database to another folder.
When moving database/studies from a default location please follow the instructions here: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... 7_Version)

Return to “MultiCharts”