Account Open PL & Open Position P/L Different  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mcjohn

Account Open PL & Open Position P/L Different

Postby mcjohn » 31 Mar 2017

Good day and thank you for taking time to assist.

Why does the Open Positions Open P/L report $7.40 while the Accounts Open P/L reports -34.80? Also, chart displays $7.40. There is only one active order in this account when confirming to the more accurate Oanda software. Why the difference?

In reality (comparing to the actual Oanda software the Open P/L should be -34.80.

Images are attached. I hope they will be of use to you. Let me know if you need anything else and I thank you again.

John
Attachments
openpl3.png
(120.97 KiB) Downloaded 812 times
openpl2.png
(67.48 KiB) Downloaded 812 times
openpl.png
(16.67 KiB) Downloaded 812 times

Angelina MultiСharts

Re: Account Open PL & Open Position P/L Different

Postby Angelina MultiСharts » 04 Apr 2017

Hello John,

Account Open P/L value is returned by OANDA API, while Open P/L value is calculated by MultiCharts based on chart prices. It might be different from the value returned by OANDA for the account.

mcjohn

Postby mcjohn » 05 Apr 2017

It s not that it might be different, it is different to the amount of an ~ 100,000 times difference. Regardless of the source, it should be accurate. Here is another example in my Strategy Position Tab there is a Open P/L of $6.30 and a Strategy Open P/L of $700,000. There is only one chart, one strategy and one position. Is there a better answer? I did update using the Oanda updater and there were no errors.

Angelina MultiСharts

Postby Angelina MultiСharts » 06 Apr 2017

mcjohn,
Here is another example in my Strategy Position Tab there is a Open P/L of $6.30 and a Strategy Open P/L of $700,000.
Please attach a screenshot of QuoteManager -> Edit symbol -> Settings tab for this symbol.

mcjohn

Re: Account Open PL & Open Position P/L Different  [SOLVED]

Postby mcjohn » 06 Apr 2017

Attached. Since I am forex trading I use the FOREX settings options.
Attachments
forex-pair-settings.gif
(10.76 KiB) Downloaded 772 times

mcjohn

Postby mcjohn » 10 Apr 2017

A note to others in this situation as it could be confusing. Even though you may be trading Forex, the Forex settings don't work, you must use custom settings.

Return to “MultiCharts”