Trade execution with the broker of your choice - AUTOTRADE

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
VOLPE GIOVANNI

Postby VOLPE GIOVANNI » 18 Apr 2008

WHEN IS THIS FEATURE GOING TO BE AVAILABLE?
I DO NOT SEE IT ON MULTICHARTS 3 (LAST VERSION).
WHY IB HAS THE MONOPOLY ON AUTOTRADING.
PLEASE ADVISE.
THANK YOU

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 23 Apr 2008

Dear Giovanni,

Supporting brokers is not an easy task. The development takes time and resources. We are planning to add new brokers in future MC versions, but if I am not mistaken we have not promised to do so in the current release.

Regards.

VOLPE GIOVANNI

AUTOTRADE WITH OTHER BROKERS THAN IB

Postby VOLPE GIOVANNI » 24 Apr 2008

johnchan

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:30 am Post subject: MultiCharts COM / DLL Function Call

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can MC utilise COM / DLL Function Call in order that a Trade Commander interface can be constructed to trade with various brokers as well as IB.

Andrew Kirillov

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:55 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PowerLanguage supports COM DLL so you can get values of variable and transmit to any system. However I would wait automated trading interface API which we are working on now.

johnchan

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:15 am Post subject: Automated Trading API COM DLL

Thanks Andrew. Do you have any idea when this will be available?

Andrew Kirillov

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:23 pm Post subject:

Probably in two months.

VOLPE GIOVANNI

FOLLOW UP WITH AUTOTRADE WITH OTHER BROKERS RATHER THAN IB

Postby VOLPE GIOVANNI » 24 Apr 2008

MARINA

andrew kirillow on 29 fb 2008

PowerLanguage supports COM DLL so you can get values of variable and transmit to any system. However I would wait automated trading interface API which we are working on now.

johnchan on 05 mar 2008

Thanks Andrew. Do you have any idea when this will be available?

andrew kirillow on 05 mar 2008

Probably in two months

THIS IS WHAT I MEANT.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 25 Apr 2008

Hi Giovanni,

The API will be available next week. But it won't be free. It will cost $4997

edgarcia39

Trade execution with the broker of your choice

Postby edgarcia39 » 28 Apr 2008

Hello Marina,

Trade execution with the broker of your choice was something that was promised since the very beginning of MultiCharts. I'm going back to 2005 since I became a MultiCharts user (when nothing worked).I am stunned by the $5000 price tag that you guys have come up with for something that was promised in your website as part of the MultiCharts Final Version. Let me just tell you that most of Multicharts users are people that were users of TS 2000i and were left stranded by Omega Research when they decided to not support the needs of loyal customers.

I understand the need for TSSupport (MultiCharts) to created new revenues but in my humble opinion you are doing it the wrong way.

Contrary to try to screw a few customers out of $5000 (because I'm sure most of your actual customers are not going to pay $5000 for this feature) you should make this feature available to all your actual customers as a upgrade for a reasonable fee (perhaps $199 or $299) and I'm sure that you will do much better while keeping your current and futures customers ensured that they have made the right decision by using MC as their charting software.

I hope that you reconsider your decision in this matter and perhaps get the opinion of the MultiCharts forum members by letting them vote.

Regards

Ed Garcia

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 Apr 2008

Dear Ed,

I'm afraid there's been a lot of misunderstanding.

Just as we promised we are still planning to provide a wider choice of the supported brokers. In about 2 months MultiCharts will be able to execute trading via FXCM. A couple of months after that we will also add Trading Technologies and PatSystems. The current customers will receive the upgrades to all the MultiCharts versions up to and including MultiCharts Gold for free.

Order API has nothing to do with the brokers that we are planning to support. It is meant for the customers who want to connect MultiCharts to their own brokers - other than those we support or plan to support. The price of $5000 might seem high but it includes as much support from our engineers as requested by the customers. The problem is that few of the traders are professional programmers even though they might be quite good at solving their particular tasks. Due to the lack of the professional background in programming, traders encounter many problems while trying to code their own brokers or they have questions about the features that haven't been covered in the documentation simply because that would seem trivial to any professional engineer. As a result, our engineers spend a lot of time providing support for such customers. The experience has shown that charging anything less than $5000 would result on the heavy losses on our end. On the other hand, most or the customers who require this kind of service are companies who can well afford purchasing an SDK for such a price.

edgarcia39

Trade execution with the broker of your choice

Postby edgarcia39 » 02 May 2008

Dear Marina,

I'm afraid the misunderstanding is on your part.

I have an e-mail from you dated Thu, 2 Mar 2006 were he sent me HTML code to add to my website to promote MultiCharts. It reads as follow:

Flexibility and Power for Traders

• EasyLanguage╝-compatible language
• Supported data feeds: IB (TWS), eSignal, Patsystems (J-Trader), IQFeed, MarketCast, Tenfore, Quote.com
• A local quote management system for data storage and rapid access to it
• Trade execution with the broker of your choice
• A multitude of analysis techniques with flexible settings
• Advanced add-on studies
• An arsenal of intelligent drawing tools
• Extensive range of chart types and settings

MultiCharts is a professional object-oriented charting package that provides intelligent drawing tools and allows you to create your own custom indicators in TS EasyLanguage-compatible language. Thousands of existing EasyLanguage studies are at your disposal for direct use or modification. MultiCharts supports free quotes as well as streaming data from the leading data providers such as Interactive Brokers (TWS), eSignal, Patsystems (J-Trader), IQFeed, MarketCast, CyberTrader, Tenfore and many others.

This project is expanding rapidly and its ultimate goal being a state-of-the art trading platform. The best way to be in touch with the latest events and make sure you don't miss the gold release is buying MultiCharts right now and save your money in the nearest future, upgrading to the much more expensive full-featured platform for free.

IT READS TRADE EXECUTION WITH THE BROKER OF YOUR CHOICE

IT CANNOT BE ANY CLEARER THAN THAT.

DO YOU KEEP YOUR PROMISES???????

Regards

Ed Garcia

PS: I would have sent you the HTML Code but your site does not allow it.

khalaad

Trade Execution with the Broker of your Choice

Postby khalaad » 05 May 2008

Ed,

A very well made point.

As late as 9 November 2006 MultiCharts was insisting programming skills, not money to throw away, as a requirement to connect the then problem-laden MultiCharts with a broker. Here is an emails exchange I had with Alex Kramer.

I WROTE:

Alex,

Thank you for the reply.

I stopped using MultiCharts back in September, and at the moment my IQFeed is not setup to provide data to MultiCharts. Please let me get my IQFeed MultiCharts enabled once again. I shall do this next week, and let you know by e-mail that I am ready.

I really am very much interested in auto trading. I am not a programmer, or an IT person, which is the reason I keep asking this many times. From our e-mail exchanges this is my understanding what I can presently do:
write a PowerLanguage strategy in MultiCharts;
through a custom .dll MultiCharts will get data from a broker software;
by maupilating data the strategy shall generate signals in MultiCharts;
these signal shall then be communucated to a broker software via the custom .dll;
the broker software shall execute the trades.
Please confirm, or correct. the above 5 points.

Thank you.

Regards,
Khalid

ALEX REPLIED:

Hello Khalid -

What you're asking is true, this can be done by a person with sufficient skills. It should work like this:

-write a PowerLanguage strategy in MultiCharts;
-MultiCharts will get data from any of its data sources, which may include the broker software if it's included in the list of supported data sources (like for instance IB) or if the broker is connected to Multicharts using the Universal DDE data connection method. No custom .dll involved here.
-by manipulating data the strategy shall generate signals in MultiCharts;
-these signal shall then be communucated to a broker software via the custom .dll;
-the broker software shall execute the trades.

As concerns the comparison of performance you wrote about in the other email, I do not doubt your results - we saw ourselves that QuoteTracker completed the chart faster.
When we looked what exactly was in the data file the chart was based on, we were quite puzzled. Maybe when working with hours or days it's different, but this will require more in-detail study.

Alex Kramer
Customer Support Representative
TS Support

WHEN THERE WERE COMPLAINTS ALL ROUND, EMPHASIS ON PROGRAMMING SKILLS, NOT MONEY.

A YEAR AND A HALF LATER MULTICHARTS IS WORKING; SO WHY NOT FORGET THE DENNIS GLOBA PROMISE AND SQUEEZE UNTILL THE PIPS COME OUT!!!

Khalid

khalaad

Trade Execution with the Broker of your Choice

Postby khalaad » 05 May 2008

EVEN IN AUGUST 2007, NARY A HINT OF THE $5000 HIT TO COME................

Dear Mr. Iqbal,

MultiCharts does not have the e-mail interface like the one of TS. However, Power Language of MultiCharts has API compatible with EasyLanguage API of TS. For more details please refer to https://www.TS.com/support/bo ... on_sdk.pdf

Let us know if you need further consultations on the issue.

Best regards,

Marina Pashkova
TS Support
This communication is for information purposes only and should not be
regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any
financial product. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free. Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete
or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such. All information is
subject to change without notice.
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 7:25 PM
Subject: Automated Execution of Strategies with MultiCharts

Dear Support,

I would like your comments on the e-mail exchange with StrategyRunner.
Thank you.
Regards,
Khalid
User ID: 3769444334

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 16-Aug-2007 18:30
Subject: RE: MultiCharts
To: Khalid Iqbal <khalaad@gmail.com>
Khalid,
We have a DLL interface that can work with any program that uses this interface, or if multi-charts have the same email interface as TS then it can also work this way i.e. via email notification.
Thx
Oded

Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 10:01 AM
To: oded@strategyrunner.com
Subject: MultiCharts
Hello Oded,
Your websit says: SAS is an advanced server-based solution for automation, execution & distribution of trading strategies written in TS, Excel, Visual Basic, WealthLab, .Net, Fix, COM, Java, C, C++ or any other proprietary platform. Would any other proprietery platform include MultiCharts ( http://www.tssupport.com )?
I am presently with GFETC/RCG and use StrategyRunner Standard.
Thank you.
Regards,
Khalid

Khalid Iqbal to Marina
show details 17/08/2007

Dear Ms. Pashkova,
Thank you very much.
Regards,

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 May 2008

Hi everybody,

First of all, there are two different SDK's.

One is meant for EasyLanguage/PowerLanguage programmers. It allows connecting MultiCharts to a broker of your choice via external dlls called from the code. This SDK is free and can be used at any time. Most platforms that you mentioned above use this method and you can use it at any time. This is what we promised in the past.

The other SDK is meant for software developers. It allows for a seamless and highly reliable connection b/w a broker and MultiCharts. Since it is meant for the professional software developers it comes with the price tag of $5,000. It is normally purchased by our institutional customers. Regarding the quoted messages from the TS Support representatives: at the time they were written we weren't even planning providing this API. And nowhere in those messages API was even mentioned.

The bottom line is: the free solution you are referring to is available as promised. The $5,000 API is our later development which we never promised would be free.

khalaad

MY VERDICT: MultiCharts Has Kept its Promise

Postby khalaad » 07 May 2008

Marina,

Thank you so very much for your response.

Although all participants made well considered points, I find your explanation entirely satisfactory and it SHOULD reassure ALL users.

Khalid

edgarcia39

Postby edgarcia39 » 09 May 2008

Dear Marina,

When is the Free SDK (Software Development Kit) for Trade execution with the Broker of your choice is going to be available?

Is this going to be a NON-Programer User Friendly Interface? or Do I need to start sending University applications to get a degree on programing and software development.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards

Ed Garcia

khalaad

SDK

Postby khalaad » 13 May 2008

Ed,

I am sure Marina will reply in due course.

Meanwhile, take a look at the attachment; no degree requirements for this.

Khalid
Attachments
easylanguage_extension_sdk.pdf
(247.97 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

Marina Pashkova

Re: Trade execution with the broker of your choice - AUTOTRA

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 May 2008

Dear Marina,

When is the Free SDK (Software Development Kit) for Trade execution with the Broker of your choice is going to be available?

Is this going to be a NON-Programer User Friendly Interface? or Do I need to start sending University applications to get a degree on programing and software development.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards

Ed Garcia
Hi Ed,

The SDK is already there. You can use the document posted by Khalid (thank you Khalid). It can also be accessed on our website at http://www.TS.com/Support/Boo ... on_SDK.pdf.
From what I know, most of our customers using it do not have university degrees in programming.

Regards.

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 14 May 2008

Marina,

My pleasure.

Indeed, it was you who back in August 2007 provided me the link for the SDK.

I would like to take this opportunity to APOLOGISE to MultiCharts, and yourself in particular, for not varifying facts, jumping to conclusions and piling "broken promises" accusations.

Just because one is a customer does not give one the right to be unfair. I just assumed the SDK was no longer operative! In live trading such behaviour would have meant a (big) hole in the pocket!!!

Regards,
Khalid

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 May 2008

It's very nice of your Khalid:-)

Don't worry: whenever you have any questions/complaints/comments please feel free to post them here or contact our customer support directly.

Return to “MultiCharts”