Rejected orders at 17 ET ( IB and LMAX)  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fepra

Rejected orders at 17 ET ( IB and LMAX)

Postby fepra » 06 Apr 2017

Hello everyone,
I've got a problem with LMAX and InteractiveBrokers. I'm testing some demo strategies on these two brokers and both of them show me the same mistake : when an order is sent at 17 et (11 pm in Italy) it gets refused or cancelled by the broker.
With IB the signal stays active whilst with LMAX it gets deactivated. On the tab 'logs' of the LMAX it show this error : Status: Rejected; Reason: INSTRUEMNT_NOT_OPEN.
I read on the IB official site that there will be a pause regarding the bargainings from 17 to 17.15 ET (11 pm to 11.15 pm in Italy). While LMAX pauses from 17 to 17.05.
I think this is the outbreak of the problem since it's not possible to send orders during that period in time because they get cancelled automatically.
Is it correct? Anyone knows how to solve this problem?
Thanks

TJ

Re: Rejected orders at 17 ET ( IB and LMAX)

Postby TJ » 06 Apr 2017

Hello everyone,
I've got a problem with LMAX and InteractiveBrokers. I'm testing some demo strategies on these two brokers and both of them show me the same mistake : when an order is sent at 17 et (11 pm in Italy) it gets refused or cancelled by the broker.
With IB the signal stays active whilst with LMAX it gets deactivated. On the tab 'logs' of the LMAX it show this error : Status: Rejected; Reason: INSTRUEMNT_NOT_OPEN.
I read on the IB official site that there will be a pause regarding the bargainings from 17 to 17.15 ET (11 pm to 11.15 pm in Italy). While LMAX pauses from 17 to 17.05.
I think this is the outbreak of the problem since it's not possible to send orders during that period in time because they get cancelled automatically.
Is it correct? Anyone knows how to solve this problem?
Thanks

What is the symbol?

The exchange decides on the pause, not the broker.

If the pause is at 1700, then, of course, you cannot submit any orders at 1700.

Angelina MultiСharts

Re: Rejected orders at 17 ET ( IB and LMAX)

Postby Angelina MultiСharts » 07 Apr 2017

fepra,

For some of the symbols/accounts it is possible to use "Outside RTH tag" to place orders directly to the exchange outside of regular market hours.
Please see this article for more information: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... de_RTH_tag

fepra

Re: Rejected orders at 17 ET ( IB and LMAX)  [SOLVED]

Postby fepra » 12 Apr 2017

Thankyou both, i trade only Forex and this is a Broker hours time pause issue.
To solve the problem I modified my signal's code.

Return to “MultiCharts”