impossible to switch Data server mode in Quote Manager  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
johnnykf88

impossible to switch Data server mode in Quote Manager

Postby johnnykf88 » 07 Apr 2017

hello MC teams,

i understand that i need to close or stop all connections with the data feed in Quote manager in order to switch to offline mode (i'm using IB data and unfortunately they require regular server down during Sat, it's day time in my time zone. That's why sometimes i need to work in offline mode).

My question: is there way to switch to offline mode in Quote Manager by just one button? i 'm using IB data feed, but still need to stop / re-connect a number of symbols every time when i switch the mode. If this is the only way to switch, would you have plan to add this feature?

Thanks for your attention.

Angelina MultiСharts

Re: impossible to switch Data server mode in Quote Manager

Postby Angelina MultiСharts » 11 Apr 2017

Hello johnnykf88,

We are analyzing this inquiry. I will get back to you with the answer.

johnnykf88

Postby johnnykf88 » 17 Aug 2017

hello Angelina,
any update about this inquiry? Thanks.

Jad

Postby Jad » 18 Aug 2017

If you first select 'offline' when starting Multicharts, I think that automatically switches QuoteManager to offline too.

You'll then receive a prompt asking if you want to remain offline, the next time you start QM.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Aug 2017

If you first select 'offline' when starting Multicharts, I think that automatically switches QuoteManager to offline too.

You'll then receive a prompt asking if you want to remain offline, the next time you start QM.
... and when your are back into Online Mode - data collect will start automatically in the QuoteManager.

johnnykf88

Re: impossible to switch Data server mode in Quote Manager  [SOLVED]

Postby johnnykf88 » 18 Aug 2017

Thanks Jad, Henry. As you mentioned about 'offline' when starting Multicharts.... i just found that an option in File -> Preference --> Data Server Mode, "Show data server mode dialog box...", which was deselected before (not sure if it was selected by default or not). After selecting this option, restart the whole suite of Multicharts then works. Thank you so much.
data_server_mode.JPG
(24.35 KiB) Downloaded 728 times

Return to “MultiCharts”