Vote for: New Keyword TL_SetHide TL_SetVisible  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Vote for: New Keyword TL_SetHide TL_SetVisible

Postby arjfca » 13 May 2017

Update:
A trendline could bet set to Invisible using TL_SetStyle = 6
The suggested new keyword could still be valuable because when the style is change, the initial value is lost

EX: I could want to hide a dotted trendline ( Style = 2) by putting it to Style = 6. But the initial style will be lost

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I post a new request to create 2 new keywords that would allow to set a trendline to not be visible without destroying it or modify the color
TL_SetHide
TL_SetVisible

In my case, I want to hide some trendline under a given time scale and have them visible on some other. I don't want to modify them nor delete them. They need to still exist but not being visible.

If you see some interest, please vote:
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2233

Martin
Last edited by arjfca on 13 May 2017, edited 2 times in total.

TJ

Re: Vote for: New Keyword TL_SetHide TL_SetVisible

Postby TJ » 13 May 2017

The easiest workaround would be to change the TL color to the chart background color.

arjfca

The easiest workaround would be to change the TL color to the chart background color.
I tried it but was not applicable because once change, how do I know what was the color attached to the trendline

My process is a semi automatic code that draw a trendline that surround a desire region of interest.

On a chart, I draw manually a vertical TL. Code detect a new trendline and if the beginning and ending datetime are equal, I got a vertical line. Then select the color appropriate for that timescale and draw a trendline from the high and low price. These trendline are then extended.

Once these trendline are put on the chart, I want to be able to keep them so I can see them in another scale,

I don't want to fill a day chart with 15 minute zone, But I do want to see a daily zone on a 15 minutes chart
Zone.png
(65.88 KiB) Downloaded 677 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 May 2017

I tried it but was not applicable because once change, how do I know what was the color attached to the trendline

My process is a semi automatic code that draw a trendline that surround a desire region of interest.

On a chart, I draw manually a vertical TL. Code detect a new trendline and if the beginning and ending datetime are equal, I got a vertical line. Then select the color appropriate for that timescale and draw a trendline from the high and low price. These trendline are then extended.

Once these trendline are put on the chart, I want to be able to keep them so I can see them in another scale,

I don't want to fill a day chart with 15 minute zone, But I do want to see a daily zone on a 15 minutes chart

Zone.png

That's simple; It would be easier to add a condition...

Code: Select all

if BARTYPE<> 2 then...

arjfca

Re: Vote for: New Keyword TL_SetHide TL_SetVisible  [SOLVED]

I just saw that in the Trendline Format option, there is an Invisible setup

I did a test and the GetStyle for an invisible is 6 once tl_setStyle(1,6);

Problem resolve
Invisible.png
(18.49 KiB) Downloaded 674 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 May 2017

I just saw that in the Trendline Format option, there is an Invisible setup

I did a test and the GetStyle for an invisible is 6 once tl_setStyle(1,6);

Problem resolve
Invisible.png

Very good. I did not know this option.

arjfca

Hello again

After some test and rethink The Suggested TL_SetHide and TL_SetVisible could still be valuable

If a trendline is set with a style = 2 (dotted line) I would then be able to set it invisible. Now If I change the style to Invisible, I would lost the initial style that was either a line or a dottedline

I change the style of of a trendline price that could be crossed for a dotted line. Max price that should not be cross is a full line and represent the Stop loss level.

Martin

Return to “MultiCharts”