MULTICHARTS 11.0 BETA 1

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS 11.0 BETA 1

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Jun 2017

MultiCharts 11.0 Beta 1 is available for download now (64-bit build 14508)!

This version offers professional tools for developing your own resolutions using object-oriented programming. New functionality gives you access to the bar formation algorithms and allows you to define your own set of rules. Among the other new features in this version are: Imbalance Delta chart style, completely reworked WFO report and built-in applications for user data Backup/Restore.

Check our blog for the complete list of all new features and improvements in this version.

>>> Go to MultiCharts 11.0 Beta 1 download page <<<

TJ

Re: MULTICHARTS 11.0 BETA 1

Postby TJ » 27 Jun 2017

User Data Backup/Restore

One can now easily do a backup of all platform data in just a few clicks! Whether you need to move to a new PC, want to import your data into a different MultiCharts product or simply want to avoid data loss, these two new built-in applications will help you with this goal.

:lol: Great new feature !

bkinvent

Postby bkinvent » 28 Jun 2017

Will existing lifetime license holders be able to download version 11 beta without registering for a trial version?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Jun 2017

Will existing lifetime license holders be able to download version 11 beta without registering for a trial version?
bkinvent, sure, you can go to the download page using the link in my post above.

SP

Postby SP » 28 Jun 2017

Henry,

the new Imbalance Delta chart looks good, Even if most settings and components explain themselves , is it possible to post a small video tuorial ?
It seems that the Delta charts dont longer work with Custom Futures, showing only 0x0 on every row.

As well for the new Custom Resolutions, a small video tutorial would be helpful especially for those who are not familiar with C+ .

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 29 Jun 2017

As well for the new Custom Resolutions, a small video tutorial would be helpful especially for those who are not familiar with C+ .
Or at least a .chm help file with descriptions what each code element does. I couldn't really figure that out from the code with enough confidence, unless I spend a lot of time in trail-and-error to figure out what's what and how it behaves.

But aside from that, the new custom resolutions feature is very nice and implemented with a high standard (testing tools, IDE). Pretty awesome and looking forward to work with it.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jun 2017

the new Imbalance Delta chart looks good, Even if most settings and components explain themselves , is it possible to post a small video tuorial ?
Hello SP,

We have just posted the documentation for it in the wiki: Imbalance Delta.
It seems that the Delta charts dont longer work with Custom Futures, showing only 0x0 on every row.
Please send us the workspace, export of custom futures instrument (with data) and a screenshot demonstrating the issue.
You can check the source code of the prebuilt plugins.

SP

Postby SP » 29 Jun 2017

You can check the source code of the prebuilt plugins.
Could you guide me where i find the source for the Renko code ? At the Custom Resolution Manager the "Open Script" is greyed out on all the 5 examples.
capture_001_29062017_220037.jpg
(36.96 KiB) Downloaded 7512 times

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 30 Jun 2017

Could you guide me where i find the source for the Renko code ? At the Custom Resolution Manager the "Open Script" is greyed out on all the 5 examples.
That confused me a bit too, but if you create a new custom resolution in that window, you'll get the option to create one based on an existing one. That way you'll get the code readable.

EDIT:
If you click on new, the 'Create new Custom Resolution Plugin' window appears. There you'll have to select the 'Select Template' option to get the examples:
Attachments
2017-06-30_08-27-00.png
(13.11 KiB) Downloaded 7486 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 30 Jun 2017

I assume the new bar types, reversal and TPO will be released in beta 2?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Jun 2017

I assume the new bar types, reversal and TPO will be released in beta 2?
Hello arnie,

We have just released custom bar resolutions. At the moment new bar types functionality is targeted to the next major platform update MultiCharts 12.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 30 Jun 2017

Does MC 11.0 beta1 seem stable enough to trade with ? (I know no guarantees but anyone having crashes, functions not working etc ?).
I thought I might install it over the weekend..

TJ

Postby TJ » 30 Jun 2017

Does MC 11.0 beta1 seem stable enough to trade with ? (I know no guarantees but anyone having crashes, functions not working etc ?).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_ ... life_cycle

People who use beta versions are called Beta Testers.

Al3cs

Postby Al3cs » 02 Jul 2017

I need to sync to PCs: home and office. Could I use automatic backup/restore function via Google Drive to have mirrored MC platforms?
I know this is not the main purpouse of this new feature but it is what I need now.
Thanks a lot and welcome all

TJ

Postby TJ » 02 Jul 2017

I need to sync to PCs: home and office. Could I use automatic backup/restore function via Google Drive to have mirrored MC platforms?
I know this is not the main purpouse of this new feature but it is what I need now.

User Data Backup/Restore

One can now easily do a backup of all platform data in just a few clicks! Whether you need to move to a new PC, want to import your data into a different MultiCharts product or simply want to avoid data loss, these two new built-in applications will help you with this goal.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 02 Jul 2017

I try to open the custom resolution manager, but even if I click on Custom Resolution Manager button in QuoteManager more than one time, it never appears even after 1 minute of waiting and clicking

Here is a video of the problem : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ThKOlY ... e=youtu.be

Could it be because some directories (database storage, studies and Logs) are NOT in C, but in D while the main program is in C:\Program files\TS Support\Multicharts64 ?
There is NO way to open the custom resolution manager for me even if I click more than one time
Windows 7 64 bit - 24 Gb ram

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 03 Jul 2017

I've noticed a second minor bug which maybe is related to my primary problem.
If I pass the mouse over the icon of Custom Resolution Manager, no name appears over it instead of other icons which shows for each one their regular name.
Maybe it depends on the cause which determine the main problem which does not open the custom resolution manager in anyway

watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHbrB6G ... e=youtu.be

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Jul 2017

Hello sptrader,

It is a stable version, but we always recommend thoroughly testing everything you need before going live with the beta version.

Henry MultiСharts

Hello Al3cs,

Currently you can do the backup/restore only manually. You can store the file in Google Drive, that should not be an issue.
Automated (scheduled) backup/restore is targeted to MultiCharts 12.

Henry MultiСharts

I try to open the custom resolution manager, but even if I click on Custom Resolution Manager button in QuoteManager more than one time, it never appears even after 1 minute of waiting and clicking

Here is a video of the problem : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ThKOlY ... e=youtu.be

Could it be because some directories (database storage, studies and Logs) are NOT in C, but in D while the main program is in C:\Program files\TS Support\Multicharts64 ?
There is NO way to open the custom resolution manager for me even if I click more than one time
Windows 7 64 bit - 24 Gb ram

Hello CrazyNasdaq,

Please run QuoteManager only and click on the Custom Resolution Manager icon. Then send us the logs for analysis (Windows Start menu -> MultiCharts -> Feedback). Alternatively you can come to the Live chat for the remote connection session.
I've noticed a second minor bug which maybe is related to my primary problem.
If I pass the mouse over the icon of Custom Resolution Manager, no name appears over it instead of other icons which shows for each one their regular name.
Maybe it depends on the cause which determine the main problem which does not open the custom resolution manager in anyway

watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHbrB6G ... e=youtu.be
It is not related to the issue above. The hint for this icon will be added in the next update.

GuppyDRV

Postby GuppyDRV » 04 Jul 2017

Thanks for all the hard work. If I install the beta 11.0 version will this over write my stable version 10 install? Will my stuff from version 10 migrate over to the beta version 11?

Thanks for the help, the last thing I want to do is negatively effect my version 10.

GuppyDRV

arnie

Postby arnie » 04 Jul 2017

Thanks for all the hard work. If I install the beta 11.0 version will this over write my stable version 10 install? Will my stuff from version 10 migrate over to the beta version 11?

Thanks for the help, the last thing I want to do is negatively effect my version 10.

GuppyDRV
Yes, version 11 will overwrite version 10.
What you can do, if you have 2 computers, is to install version 11 on that second computer. This way you will be able to run both versions (not simultaneously) and test it without messing your trading setup in version 10.

GuppyDRV

Postby GuppyDRV » 04 Jul 2017

GuppyDRV
What you can do, if you have 2 computers, is to install version 11 on that second computer. This way you will be able to run both versions (not simultaneously) and test it without messing your trading setup in version 10.
Thanks for the intel. Could I use a different login profile in windows to install without overwriting or is it computer specific?

GuppyDRV

arnie

Postby arnie » 04 Jul 2017

Thanks for the intel. Could I use a different login profile in windows to install without overwriting or is it computer specific?

GuppyDRV
I believe you can change the installation folder which would allow to have both versions on the same computer but you need to wait for the guys (and gals) in support to confirm this.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Jul 2017

GuppyDRV

GuppyDRV
Hello GuppyDRV,

You cannot use a different Windows user or a different installation folder for that. There can be only one instance of MultiCharts 64 bit installed on a PC.

GuppyDRV

Postby GuppyDRV » 05 Jul 2017

Henry,

Thanks for the update. This makes it hard for successful traders using MC 10 to make the switch or even evaluate without setting up a second system. I have the ability but lack the desire. It would seem that users such as myself who have proven track records with MC 10 would be the ideal beta testers for any upgrades. I can't drop my day to day setup and just don't have time to run parallel systems. If I could put it on my same trading station setup and just switch intermittently between that would be really feasible. This would allow for timely comparisons without disrupting my trading. Just a thought for the future.

Thanks again.

GuppyDRV

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 06 Jul 2017

There is no way to plot Volume profile and all the types of volume/tick profiles avaliable.
it give me an error of "NO DATA" when tick data is used to create Point charts

mickatrade

Postby mickatrade » 06 Jul 2017

Hello,
I use the portfolio to trade multiple instruments.
Each instrument has a strategy for long side trades and a strategy for short side trades.
It'd be interesting to have a checkbox for each strategy in order to disable only one side of strategy.
Please see the attached file.
THank you
new feature.png
(24.97 KiB) Downloaded 7008 times

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 06 Jul 2017

+1!
This would be a great time-saver!

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Jul 2017

There is no way to plot Volume profile and all the types of volume/tick profiles avaliable.
it give me an error of "NO DATA" when tick data is used to create Point charts
Hello CrazyNasdaq,

Thank you for reporting. This case has been forwarded to the dev. team.

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 07 Jul 2017

Hello,

Is there a way to downgrade back to MC 10 !? It says "Already upgraded to same version or newer" :cry:

I just wanted to have a sneak preview of new functionnalities, but I actually prefer to go back to MC 10. Any chance not to uninstall everything ?

Thank you.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Jul 2017

Hello,

Is there a way to downgrade back to MC 10 !? It says "Already upgraded to same version or newer" :cry:

I just wanted to have a sneak preview of new functionnalities, but I actually prefer to go back to MC 10. Any chance not to uninstall everything ?

Thank you.
Hello Mydesign,

In order to roll back to a previous version you need to uninstall the current version using Windows Control Panel, then run the installer for the version you need. Upon uninstalling MultiCharts there is an option to remove user data. By default it is disabled.
So if you do not enable it - all user data will remain unchanged.

Henry MultiСharts

Henry, Thanks for the update. This makes it hard for successful traders using MC 10 to make the switch or even evaluate without setting up a second system. I have the ability but lack the desire. It would seem that users such as myself who have proven track records with MC 10 would be the ideal beta testers for any upgrades. I can't drop my day to day setup and just don't have time to run parallel systems. If I could put it on my same trading station setup and just switch intermittently between that would be really feasible. This would allow for timely comparisons without disrupting my trading. Just a thought for the future.
GuppyDRV, MultiCharts 11 Beta 1 x32 bit is available for download now. You can install it and test on your PC alongside with MC 10 x64. If you have a single license for the platform - you will be able to use only one or the other platform at a time in Online mode.

Henry MultiСharts

Hello,
I use the portfolio to trade multiple instruments.
Each instrument has a strategy for long side trades and a strategy for short side trades.
It'd be interesting to have a checkbox for each strategy in order to disable only one side of strategy.
Please see the attached file.
THank you
mickatrade, this feature request has been forwarded to the management for further evaluation.

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 07 Jul 2017

In order to roll back to a previous version you need to uninstall the current version using Windows Control Panel, then run the installer for the version you need. Upon uninstalling MultiCharts there is an option to remove user data. By default it is disabled.
So if you do not enable it - all user data will remain unchanged.
Thanks Henry, I will proceed as described.

GuppyDRV

Postby GuppyDRV » 07 Jul 2017

Henry, Thanks for the update. This makes it hard for successful traders using MC 10 to make the switch or even evaluate without setting up a second system. I have the ability but lack the desire. It would seem that users such as myself who have proven track records with MC 10 would be the ideal beta testers for any upgrades. I can't drop my day to day setup and just don't have time to run parallel systems. If I could put it on my same trading station setup and just switch intermittently between that would be really feasible. This would allow for timely comparisons without disrupting my trading. Just a thought for the future.
GuppyDRV, MultiCharts 11 Beta 1 x32 bit is available for download now. You can install it and test on your PC alongside with MC 10 x64. If you have a single license for the platform - you will be able to use only one or the other platform at a time in Online mode.
Henry,

Thanks, that's a good start. Appreciate all the hard work!

GuppyDRV

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Jul 2017

Return to “MultiCharts”