Change file location

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
konstantin

Change file location

Postby konstantin » 22 Apr 2008

Under C:\Documents and Settings\..... there are two folders:

One folder under “all users” contains the studies and cache.
One folder under “my username” contains cache files.

Is it possible to move these folders from “documents and settings” to another new folder directly under C:\
(e.g. C:\TS Support) ?

konstantin

Postby konstantin » 28 Apr 2008

Hi,

Is it possible to change these file locations?

In a Windows Network the server synchronization of the "documents and settings..." files can be a problem.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 28 Apr 2008

I used to have mine on the "C" drive but I was running out of drive space , so at the next update, I removed the old version(except for the studies,charts etc) and installed it on my "D" drive. It found the old studies, charts etc and installed with no problems on Drive "D".

konstantin

Postby konstantin » 01 May 2008

I used to have mine on the "C" drive but I was running out of drive space , so at the next update, I removed the old version(except for the studies,charts etc) and installed it on my "D" drive. It found the old studies, charts etc and installed with no problems on Drive "D".
If you did not remove studies etc., then maybe these files are still under C:\documents and settings...... ?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 06 May 2008

Hi,

Is it possible to change these file locations?

In a Windows Network the server synchronization of the "documents and settings..." files can be a problem.
Hi Konstantin,

You can simply move those files into a new location. After that, you would need to specify the new route in the registry, though. If you move the studies go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> TS SUPPORT - > DATABASES and change the paths in two folders there: Portfolio and Storage.

Return to “MultiCharts”