Scanner/Watchlist switch short cut key

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Scanner/Watchlist switch short cut key

Postby bowlesj3 » 14 Aug 2017

Hi, Is there a keystroke combination that can change my cursor from a Watchlist symbol being highlighted to a Scanner symbol being highlighted. In other words toggle the focus back and forth from Watch List to Scanner or better yet go directly to scanner without needing to know which one has the focus. Once I am on the scanner window I can take charge and use Ctrl+Home to go to the top left symbol.

Thanks,
John

Anna MultiCharts

Re: Scanner/Watchlist switch short cut key

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 16 Aug 2017

Hello, bowlesj3!

I’m afraid there’s no such keyboard shortcut at the moment.

bowlesj3

Re: Scanner/Watchlist switch short cut key

Postby bowlesj3 » 17 Aug 2017

Hello, bowlesj3!

I’m afraid there’s no such keyboard shortcut at the moment.
Thanks Anna. I have a work around which is popup question asking me if I have highlighted the proper window (the scanner window) before I have my database send keystrokes to the scanner window to position to the next stock for chart viewing (or more commonly to run a batch run of keystrokes against the scanner). I am not sure if it is worth requesting it as a feature request since I think you have much more important features/issues to work on. Not only that I am using my database for the watch list now since I have much more powerful features I can add in specifically tailored to what I need. (in other words I am using the scanner all the time and not using the watch list). My database processes GVs that the scanner runs have the scripts set.

Return to “MultiCharts”