Multicharts becomes unresponsive after several days of automated trading

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
hughesfleming

Multicharts becomes unresponsive after several days of automated trading

Postby hughesfleming » 01 Sep 2017

I have Multicharts and Portfolio trader running. Multicharts is basically just downloading daily data for 80 Stocks and writing out csv files. These get analysed outside of Multicharts and a selection of symbols is passed to Portfolio Trader which has the same 80 Stocks loaded in minute intervals. This selection is rebalanced daily.

Each morning I refresh Multicharts using .rld glob command line and Portfolio Trader runs non stop from Monday to Friday. At some point Multicharts stops being able to refresh the data and I am forced to shutdown both applications. This is not ideal as Portfolio trader can't be paused and starts sending orders to close positions.

Once both applications are closed, I always have to start the Task Manager and manually close Multicharts background services that are still running before things will work again. There have many posts about these rogue services running when the main applications have been closed but no real explanation about how to solve this. I just need to get to Fridays close. What should I do? I am running Windows 2012r2 on a collocated dedicated server. What else can be done?

Many thanks for any advice,

Alex

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Multicharts becomes unresponsive after several days of automated trading

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Sep 2017

Once both applications are closed, I always have to start the Task Manager and manually close Multicharts background services that are still running before things will work again.
Hello Alex,

Before you end the processes please send us the information for analysis - go to Windows Start menu->All programs->MultiCharts64->Feedback.
Select these options:
- Attach a screenshot;
- Attach log files to help us understand what happened;
- Attach minidump for crash analysis;
- Upload collected data to Help Desk.
Uncheck the “snapshot of current setup” option as we do not need it right now.

hughesfleming

Re: Multicharts becomes unresponsive after several days of automated trading

Postby hughesfleming » 03 Sep 2017

Thanks Henry,

I will send you the logs if it happens again.

regards,

Alex

Return to “MultiCharts”