Interactive Broker data service - 80 symbol restriction

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
capgain

Interactive Broker data service - 80 symbol restriction

Postby capgain » 23 Apr 2008

I am having problems using IBKR service with MultiCharts:

I have workspaces with 20-30 symbols each. I realize there is 80 symbol restriction. So I try to close and open workspaces to avoid going over 80 symbol real time restriction. But the "connection" between the symbols in the just closed workspace and IBKR still appear to exist since it complains when a open another workspace. How do I fix this issue so that I can use IBKR service with Multicharts f effectively ..

Secondly, I have 3 accounts with IBKR - is it possible to connect multiple instances of multicharts with different IBKR accounts so that I can view more than 80 symbols ...

Thanks a lot !

capgain

Re: Interactive Broker data service - 80 symbol restriction

Postby capgain » 24 Apr 2008

I have workspaces with 20-30 symbols each. I realize there is 80 symbol restriction. So I try to close and open workspaces to avoid going over 80 symbol real time restriction. But the "connection" between the symbols in the just closed workspace and IBKR still appear to exist since it complains when a open another workspace. How do I fix this issue so that I can use IBKR service with Multicharts f effectively ..

Secondly, I have 3 accounts with IBKR - is it possible to connect multiple instances of multicharts with different IBKR accounts so that I can view more than 80 symbols ...

Thanks a lot !
Have folks been able to connect Multicharts to Interactive Brokers's client running on different machines ?

Can two instances of Multicharts running on same machine (since Multicharts licensing does not allow running on multiple machines :evil: ) can one connect to two different interactive accounts (so that one can simultaneously access about 200 symbols) ?

capgain

Re: Interactive Broker data service - 80 symbol restriction

Postby capgain » 24 Apr 2008

Thanks a lot !
Have folks been able to connect Multicharts to Interactive Brokers's client running on different machines ?

Can two instances of Multicharts running on same machine (since Multicharts licensing does not allow running on multiple machines :evil: ) can one connect to two different interactive accounts (so that one can simultaneously access about 200 symbols) ?
The main problem I am having is that when I close a workspace to open another with different set of tickers, the previous one does not appear to release the connection to interactive brokers feed. Hence interactive brokers client complains that # of tickers has exceeded limit. :(

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 25 Apr 2008

Hi capgain,

We are not quite sure why it happens. Most probably the connection set b/w TWS and MC does not get broken for the symbols in a workspace when this workspace is closed. Have you try shutting down TWS after closing a workspace?

capgain

Postby capgain » 25 Apr 2008

Hi capgain,

We are not quite sure why it happens. Most probably the connection set b/w TWS and MC does not get broken for the symbols in a workspace when this workspace is closed. Have you try shutting down TWS after closing a workspace?
Thanks for the response. But it is not an easy thing to restart TWS each time I load a new workspace. It takes time to load various workapaces, sometimes I have to do .rld glob to get them all to sync (and sometimes manually have to do cntl-R to refresh each chart window!). That is an exercise by itself ....

I was trying to see if deactivating and activating the connection in the data source dialog of the quote manager ...

Return to “MultiCharts”