Free quotes question

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Automeq

Free quotes question

Postby Automeq » 20 Sep 2017

Never used free quotes before and was testing it in MC 11.0

Some questions:
1. In Quote Manager - Data sources, I see yahoo and google with a tick. Any of them has "priority" in providing the quotes, and the other is just if some day is missing ? What's the criteria when there are different quotes in both sources ?

2. The quotes are not dividend adjusted, right ? I found a very old post asking this functionality to be available but I guess this was never implemented ?

Anna MultiCharts

Re: Free quotes question

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 21 Sep 2017

Hello, Automeq!

Let me address your questions in order:
1. In the Free Quotes data feed settings the upper server in the list has the priority over another. If the symbol is missing on the priority server or there’s no response from this server, then MultiCharts will try to access the data for the symbol from the server with lower priority. If the data is missing for one day MultiCharts will not request the data from another to fill in the gap.
I’m afraid there’re no criteria in respect of different quotes. MultiCharts does not compare the prices from both servers, it just requests the data from the servers in the order of priority.

2. If you’re referring to adjusted close, then there’s a possibility to display it for Yahoo symbols as it is available on their side. Unfortunately adjusted close prices are not available from Google.
If you’d like to enable adjusted close for Yahoo, please, send us an e-mail to support@multicharts.com and we’ll provide you the steps on how to achieve this.

Return to “MultiCharts”