Alert message

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ppc

Alert message

Postby ppc » 29 Sep 2017

Hi,
Besides e-mail alert, how do I direct / write the alert message to a file for reading or keep record? Do multicharts has alerts log to keep the alerts as I do not find any option to write to a file ? Thanks.

JoshM

Re: Alert message

Postby JoshM » 29 Sep 2017

Besides e-mail alert, how do I direct / write the alert message to a file for reading or keep record? Do multicharts has alerts log to keep the alerts as I do not find any option to write to a file ? Thanks.
Any alert that you generate with an indicator or strategy appears in the 'Alerts' tab of the Order and Position Tracker. There you can also see the historical records for alerts that were triggered in the past (and perform some filtering).

See historical log of alert messages for more. And generate an alert programmatically for more on the `Alert()` keyword.

ppc

Postby ppc » 29 Sep 2017

Thank you JoshM for providing useful information. I find that the Alerts tab can be exported to excel. Is it possible for excel update in sync with Alert tab in real time?

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 30 Sep 2017

I find that the Alerts tab can be exported to excel. Is it possible for excel update in sync with Alert tab in real time?
That's not possible as far as I can tell. You'll have to manually export from the Order and Position Tracker each time.

Return to “MultiCharts”