power and or local i-net outage

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
quantum777

power and or local i-net outage

Postby quantum777 » 30 Sep 2017

Is there anyway to setup the auto-trade at the brokers end to sell positions when power and or i-net outage?

JoshM

Re: power and or local i-net outage

Postby JoshM » 01 Oct 2017

Is there anyway to setup the auto-trade at the brokers end to sell positions when power and or i-net outage?
Not that I know of.

What you currently can do is use one of the order types that are supported on the broker's end. That way, when the computer disconnects from the broker, the order is at least kept on the broker's side.

janus

Re: power and or local i-net outage

Postby janus » 01 Oct 2017

As suggested by the previous poster the only thing you can do is to place appropriate orders at the broker end in case you lose the connection. In fact it's extremely dangerous not to have some sort of fail safe stop order in place at the broker if you have open positions. What I do with my studies is I decide when to close positions but at the same time place a fail safe stop order in case my internet connection drops off. Even then I am alerted by various means when that happens (sound alarm and notification to my custom app I've developed for my phone) so I can switch my PC (when I'm at home) to my wireless broadband connection, or if I can't do that or I'm not at home I can call my broker to cover all opens positions and cancel any other outstanding orders, such as the fail safe stops. I would be panicking though if my phone services all went down at the same time! What if a big earthquake hit? At least I have my fail safe stops in place.

Return to “MultiCharts”