7500 GDI Objects limit

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TraderWalrus

7500 GDI Objects limit

Postby TraderWalrus » 10 Oct 2017

Why this limit when there is plenty of memory?

I had a workspace, then I tried to load another one. I got the error that I exceed 7,500 objects.
So, instead of not loading the workspace, it was loaded partially, with only a few of the charts.

I closed it, and it was then automatically saved with this partial set. This means I now lost the other charts and have to recreate them. It took me a lot of time to set up those charts! :cry:

Why automatically save when the workspace is loaded partially? Do I need to back up all workspaces before trying to open them?

I already work with 2 instances of Multicharts. It becomes quite difficult to know what is where if we need to add more and more instances running in parallel.

TJ

Re: 7500 GDI Objects limit

Postby TJ » 10 Oct 2017

Which MC version?

Which Windows version?

Have you googled GDI Object limit?

TraderWalrus

Postby TraderWalrus » 10 Oct 2017

MultiCharts64 Version 10.0 Release (Build 13626)
Windows 10

Googling told me that Window's default limit per process is 10,000 GDI objects, and it can be increased to 65,535. However this will not help if Multichart imposes its own limit of 7,500.

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 11 Oct 2017

I agree with TraderWalrus. If this could be expanded, it would be very useful.

I have one workspace that does nothing except download daily data using a fixed starting date and export csv files. I would use the scanner but for some reason I can't set a fixed starting point, only a days back value so that does not work. If I try hard, I can get 64 charts to display before hitting the GDI limit. Being able to load all the component of the NDX100 or the SP100 index in one workspace would be terrific but there does not seem to be a way to do that.

regards,

Alex

Return to “MultiCharts”