Volume mismatch  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
firemag

Volume mismatch

Postby firemag » 17 Oct 2017

There is a mismatch between the volume displayed on the chart (Total Vol in left-click price data box) and from "Volume" keyword in a strategy. The "correct" volume I want is displayed in the chart. Why does "Volume" in a strategy not match this value and how can I get it to do so?

TJ

Re: Volume mismatch

Postby TJ » 17 Oct 2017

There is a mismatch between the volume displayed on the chart (Total Vol in left-click price data box) and from "Volume" keyword in a strategy. The "correct" volume I want is displayed in the chart. Why does "Volume" in a strategy not match this value and how can I get it to do so?

Please go to the wiki and look up the definition of the following keywords:

volume
ticks

ps. this is a legacy idiosyncrasy

firemag

volume
ticks

I went to the wiki page:

https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... php/Volume

And it really doesn't help.

I do have "Build Volume On" set to "Trade Volume" but the page doesn't speak to this issue, or else I'm simply misunderstanding.

So how can I either (1) configure MultiCharts so that the "Volume" keyword reflects the same value that I see in the chart data box or (2) what keyword do I use to access that volume data?

TJ

Postby TJ » 17 Oct 2017

volume
ticks

I went to the wiki page:

https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... php/Volume

And it really doesn't help.

I do have "Build Volume On" set to "Trade Volume" but the page doesn't speak to this issue, or else I'm simply misunderstanding.

So how can I either (1) configure MultiCharts so that the "Volume" keyword reflects the same value that I see in the chart data box or (2) what keyword do I use to access that volume data?

Please look up

TICKS

firemag

Re: Volume mismatch  [SOLVED]

Please look up

TICKS
TJ, I appreciate that you are trying to help, but your references have not shed light on the subject. I have looked up Tick (https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... .php/Ticks), tried various other possibilities in the strategy (Volume, Ticks, DailyVolume, etc.), changed Instrument settings, etc., and none of these approaches have yielded the same volume value as displayed in the chart.

I finally found that the keyword Symbol_Volume is yielding the expected result. I still don't understand what value "Volume" is presenting or why it is not the same as "Symbol_Volume".

Return to “MultiCharts”