Data Problems with IQFeed

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
swisstrader82

Data Problems with IQFeed

Postby swisstrader82 » 05 Nov 2017

Hello, for some reason my data on certain index futures seems off. The last last bar of the session always has a huge gap which obviously is not real.
Im wondering if this is now a multicharts problem that i can correct or if this is a problem that needs to be fixed in IQ feeds end?
Does anybody know what causes this problem?
Attachments
data issue.JPG
(197.56 KiB) Downloaded 771 times

sptrader

Re: Data Problems with IQFeed

Postby sptrader » 05 Nov 2017

IQfeed is one of the best data feeds connected to multicharts.
You have a problem with your configuration or data in MC, maybe session times, but when I look at your Dow prices they are far off, so maybe a scaling problem or data problem too.
Start by going into the "quote manager" and try downloading the data again for the Dow Mini.
I attached my chart of the Dow Mini using IqFeed data today.
Attachments
Dow- mini3.jpg
(186.93 KiB) Downloaded 763 times

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 07 Nov 2017

Hello, swisstrader82!

Have you tried to reload the chart (Ctrl + R)?
If this doesn’t help, in QuoteManager please right-click on this symbol -> Delete Data and then Clear Cache. Then reload the chart again.

TraderWalrus

Postby TraderWalrus » 08 Nov 2017

Hello, swisstrader82!

Have you tried to reload the chart (Ctrl + R)?
If this doesn’t help, in QuoteManager please right-click on this symbol -> Delete Data and then Clear Cache. Then reload the chart again.
It looks like he is using one of IQFeed's continuous contracts. Those contracts get back-adjusted on each rollover.
What actually happens when the data is back-adjusted and we merely reload the chart? does MC use the existing data that is stored locally, or does it have a way to know it needs to reload it from the provider?

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 08 Nov 2017

Hello, TraderWalrus!

Reload allows to request the data from the data source anew and is intended to rectify the issue with incorrect data. Once the data is reloaded, the newly received data is stored to the local database and the erroneous old data is deleted from it.

Return to “MultiCharts”