Authentication server down yesterday  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
gpw797

Authentication server down yesterday

Postby gpw797 » 10 Nov 2017

:shock: Yesterday I received an error that the authentication server was unable to be reached and MC would not function until link was restored. Logs showed server was down for about 1.5 hours. I had no issues with other internet traffic during this time. This happened while I had active live trades in MC. I hope you see how this is a major problem if it happens while live trades are active. Please consider a grace period or something to avoid MC shutting down because it can't talk to the authentication server.

sptrader

Re: Authentication server down yesterday

Postby sptrader » 11 Nov 2017

I had no trouble with the authentication server all week. (haven't had any trouble for many years).
I don't know if there is more than one server for MC authentication.
Maybe your location was having internet problems between you and the server.

TJ

Postby TJ » 11 Nov 2017

There are 3 authentication servers located around the world.

MC is programmed to search out another server if one is down.

janus

Postby janus » 12 Nov 2017

Over the past year I had the same issue 2-3 times. It lasted only a few minutes though. At the same time though my TWS connection to IB was fine. A grace period would be nice to smooth out any minor interruptions.

arnie

Postby arnie » 13 Nov 2017

When the authentication fails, instead of waiting for it to connect automatically, just double click on the yellow square on the bottom right and click
OK. If there's no internet problem, it should reconnect to the server immediately.
This is faster than waiting for it to connect itself.

gpw797

Postby gpw797 » 13 Nov 2017

For me, I use the platform for unattended auto-trading so clicking on a button to re-connect defeats the purpose of having an auto-trading platform.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 13 Nov 2017

For me, I use the platform for unattended auto-trading so clicking on a button to re-connect defeats the purpose of having an auto-trading platform.
+1

LOL

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Authentication server down yesterday  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Nov 2017

Hello gpw797,

We have checked our server logs and have not identified any issues with the DRM system connection for the specified date. None of the other users reported anything similar.
If we are talking about a situation when DRM connection is lost (and not when the user is intentionally switching the licensing from one computer to another), then the realtime data stops only if the connection is not restored within 30 minutes after it is lost. So even in case authorization is lost – MultiCharts will be trying to recover the authorization connection for 30 minutes without blocking the realtime data. This should be enough for most of the temporary ISP issues to be solved.
If you want to get an alert if there is no relatime data updates on your chart - here is a sample code:
http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/v ... 16&t=11715

Return to “MultiCharts”