OCO still broken for Oanda V20 accounts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
gpw797

OCO still broken for Oanda V20 accounts

Postby gpw797 » 14 Nov 2017

My old thread on this subject has been marked as solved so starting a new thread as issue is still happening.

I uninstalled completely MC this weekend and re-installed. I now have Version: MultiCharts64 Version 11.0 Release (Build 15201) installed from scratch. See attached screenshots of OCO orders not being cancelled after a trade is closed out. Note that local OCO id local-23437401 remains on the screen after the trade is closed. Also, see the capture showing the position mismatch between broker and MC. MC shows and open trade when there isn't one. Strategy was started this morning.

Quotemanager is set to V20 and in strategy properties I have selected the account under settings. If you click on the order on screen to cancel nothing happens and the only way to get the order off the screen is restart MC.

Furthermore.. Oanda V1 API no longer works with MC autotrading (can't select primary V1 account in strategy properties)
Attachments
Capture 11.14.17.PNG
(46.61 KiB) Downloaded 624 times
Capture 11.14.17 - 2.PNG
(31.52 KiB) Downloaded 624 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: OCO still broken for Oanda V20 accounts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Nov 2017

Hello gpw797,

As I have previously specified – we need the Broker Order IDs and specific time when you had the issue.
We also need the platform logs and screenshots demonstrating the issue.
Unfortunately from all of the requested information only screenshots were provided. This information is not sufficient for analysis of this case.

Please go to Help tab->Feedback (or Windows Start menu->All programs->MultiCharts64->Feedback).
Select two options:
- Attach log files to help us understand what happened
- Upload collected data to Help Desk.
Uncheck the other options as we do not need them right now.

Specify the Broker Order IDs and time when the orders were not cancelled as expected.

gpw797

Postby gpw797 » 15 Nov 2017

I would hope the screenshots are sufficient to demonstrate that the software is not working as intended. I think if you simple test a simple buy and sell strategy (any strategy) you will get the same errors on an Oanda account. Can I please get a download link to a previous version of MC where the V1 API still works? I will run again tomorrow to generate the additional logs requested.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Nov 2017

Hello gpw797,

We were unable to replicate this behavior on our end. Screenshots you have provided are not sufficient for analysis of this case.
V1 is the account type, there is no need to roll back MultiCharts to a previous version to use V1 account. V1 account needs to be provided by your broker. You can select the account/API type in OANDA data feed settings: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... .php/OANDA
Please replicate this behavior using the prebuilt signals that come with the platform and send us the information we have requested for analysis of this case.

Return to “MultiCharts”