License management system disturbs real trading

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
regtracer

License management system disturbs real trading

Postby regtracer » 01 Feb 2018

Yesterday the license management system failed and all my real-time data was not updating. I have to manually click the license check after a hour of data down.

What's wrong with the license server? If you can't guarantee that the server AND the network are up 100% times, you should not immediately cut the real-time data update. At least there should be a grace period or a notification/API event or something. This has happened two times in the last year and made my actual trading not reliable!

Smoky

Re: License management system disturbs real trading

Postby Smoky » 05 Feb 2018

+1000

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 05 Feb 2018

Agree. That sounds terrifying. I suggest adding realtime data alerts though to catch this asap.

This is what I use as an indicator and have it hooked up to email alerts.

Update it every tick.

You may also want to add filters to turn it off when markets are closed (add code to set "alact" to ZERO when markets are closed and ONE when open).

Code: Select all

input:nomins(5);
vars: alact(1);

Vars: intrabarpersist counter(0),intrabarpersist switchv(0);
Recalclastbarafter(5);

if alact=1 then//only start counter if market should be open
counter = IFF(getappinfo(aicalcreason) = calcreason_timer, counter + 1, 0);

if barstatus(1)=0 then
switchv=1;

if switchv=1 then begin
if currenttime=1701 and alact=1 then begin
alert ("RT heartbeat");
switchv=0;
end;
end;

vars:alertv(0);
if counter > (nomins*12) then begin
alert("No realtime > 60 sec");
alertv=1;
counter=0;
end else begin
alertv=0;
end;

plot1(alact,"alact");
plot2(counter,"counter");
plot3(alertv,"alertbin");
Credit to JoshM (if I remember correctly)

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 05 Feb 2018

no code for this please, MC servers Know very well where are the good lifetimes licences !

make only one control on every day is good !

when I trade in real i use always the same computer, same licence, same IP easy to keep me working !

NO ?

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 06 Feb 2018

For some hackers every customers who paid licences can have troubles when they work,, let us work Quiet please !

Urgent to find solution, always same troubles ....

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 06 Feb 2018

I too have faced this issue in recent days and it needs some workable solution ASAP

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 06 Feb 2018

First when you are trading with MC (manual or auto trading) when you go in real on market, you have open positions, my multicharts on my computer have already check your management licence server ? right ?

when i am in my trading session my licence number, my PC, my IP can't change ? right ?

Why cut datafeed if management service licence failed ? yours customers can't close their opened position properly !
it's a big mistake from your developement team ! your customers can loose money ! and you know this !

please can you find a workaround ? (for manual And autotrading)

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 08 Feb 2018

Yesterday the license management system failed and all my real-time data was not updating. I have to manually click the license check after a hour of data down.

What's wrong with the license server? If you can't guarantee that the server AND the network are up 100% times, you should not immediately cut the real-time data update. At least there should be a grace period or a notification/API event or something. This has happened two times in the last year and made my actual trading not reliable!
Can you please clarify what this means and when it happens? I have never experienced this and am curious as to what happens and when, and then why. Once I am first logged in to the data and trading server, I never have disconnected from the 'license management system' UNLESS my internet connection has been disrupted. So would like to know the circumstances and behavior that causes your problem so that I can recognize it and avoid it myself.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 08 Feb 2018

Simple Escamillo, your internet connection is ok but your multicharts software loose conection to their serveurs, you see a pink popup saying that you don't have right management and your realtime datafeed stop !

without care if you are in position on market ! in auto-trading or anything else ...

MC team said impossible with 3 servers, but in my case 2 times ...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Feb 2018

Dear Users,

On the 31st of January one of our providers experienced short term technical difficulties and all users were immediately and automatically redirected to two of our backup servers, this procedure should not have disrupted your work. Global malfunctions that could affect users did not occur and were not reported.

Loss of DRM connection does not directly affect the trading functionality. Broker connection is not being blocked. Realtime data stops only if the connection is not restored within 30 minutes after it is lost. So even in case authorization is lost – MultiCharts will be trying to recover the authorization connection for 30 minutes without blocking the realtime data. Usually it is enough to cover all short term outages.

Users should not receive the Not Authorized message if the Internet connection is restored within this period of time. If you receive it, you should check if you can see our test pages. If you can see them OK, but authorization still sometimes does not go through, you need to come to the Live Chat and we will try to establish the reasons why that is happening. Discussion Forum is a delayed response communication tool and cannot provide rapid assistance with a matter of this kind.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 25 Feb 2018

OK Henry i beleive You, but in auto-trading we need a flag "right management failed" to manage close position properly !

because in auto trading , we always can't see popup informations from easy langage !

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 25 Feb 2018

OK Henry i beleive You, but in auto-trading we need a flag "right management failed" to manage close position properly !

because in auto trading , we always can't see popup informations from easy langage !
This is indeed scary....and indicates that MC has gotten just a bit too paranoid about license management.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 15 Mar 2018

today another issue !

My setup :

two laptops on same lan, 2 lifetime licences
Laptop number one manage datafeed for the lan with IB gateway 969 and do autotrading stategies in last MC release
Laptop number two use data from laptop one and do autotrading stategies in last MC release

Laptop two and ONLY it loose digital right management and MC show me a pink popup of death ! auto trading was running and trading position opened !

MC stop running autostategy and FREEZE impossible to have digital right management, i have to restart MC on laptop two :
laptop one still running without any damage and have not any issue...

Luckily laptop two run stategy on paper trader ! but the same would happen on REAL account with my money !

i'm a faithful customer of MULTICHARTS since 10 years and bought 3 lifetimes licences, but Henry with this issue and only with this one, last MC release is not reliable for real trading on real account and real money !

Luckily i was in front of my laptops when it happened !

when i restart MC on laptop two i never had windows asked me to send you the log of last failure ...

I think it should be easy to find a log about my digital right on yours servers, two lifetime licences on same IP ....this afternoon you see what i mean

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 22 Mar 2018

No news about MC team ?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Mar 2018

Hello Smoky,

Based on your description the "lost connection to digital rights management system" alert is the consequence of system error or crash that happened in one of the processes, it is not the actual licensing system connection issue.
When you have an issue of this kind please send us the logs and dumps before closing any MultiCharts processes:
Go to Windows Start menu->All programs->MultiCharts64->Feedback.
In the appeared Feedback application window select these options:
- Attach a screenshot;
- Attach log files to help us understand what happened;
- Attach minidump for crash analysis;
- Upload collected data to Help Desk.
Uncheck the “snapshot of current setup” option as we do not need it right now.

Return to “MultiCharts”