Incorrect time on chart

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
johnchan

Incorrect time on chart

Postby johnchan » 01 May 2008

I am receiving data from IB.
Data is ticking in live on point bars and tick bars but for some reason the current time on the chart stops updating.
The same problem arises when I have two lots of data on the same chart and point bars are used. Time recorded at the bottom of the chart stops ticking while data1 and data2 continue to come in, but with the bars aligning beside each other and having no relation to the time they occurred.
I have upgraded to MultiCharts V3.0 thinking that might help, unfortunately the same problem is there.
Makes life very difficult. Any solution?
Attachments
MC Time Freeze 0408a.png
HHIK8 and HHI point bars, time stopped at 15:14:20. Bars keep coming in but are no longer time aligned.
(84.2 KiB) Downloaded 717 times
MC Time Freeze 0408.png
HHIK8 Point bars and tick bars, time stopped at 10:13:28 on both charts.
(138.38 KiB) Downloaded 721 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 02 May 2008

I think you have found another piece of puzzle on the problem I have been experiencing.

One of my charts often hangs... the bars stop incrementing... (but I could see the data are coming into the chart because the price on the status line is updating and is the same as TWS.)

it often happens when there is a datafeed interruption, either the IB server reset, or the internet connect dropped for a few seconds.

Most of my charts can pick up and continue upon datafeed resumption, but the volume bar chart (with 2 symbols) seemed to having trouble once in a while.

I have reported this to tech supp many times, and tech supp has looked at my charts online, but no problem or solutions were found.

Right now I would just close and restart MC to get the charts going again.
This will present a problem when I start auto-trading.

lantama

Postby lantama » 03 May 2008

Hi, so this only happens when you actually have two data sets in one chart window? Right? Otherwise it would be very dangerous for my setup.

Cheers
lantama

TJ

Postby TJ » 03 May 2008

I don't know if 2 data set has anything to do with the symptom, it just happened that all my volume bar charts have 2 data sets.

johnchan

Postby johnchan » 04 May 2008

This is happening on one data source as well, see my original attachment 1.
It IS a real problem while auto trading and re-booting MC is NOT a practical solution.

johnchan

Postby johnchan » 04 May 2008

Thanks for the info TJ.
I have recently upgraded to a quad core pc and the problem only occurs on this computer. Do you have a similar quad core computer?
Regards
johnchan

TJ

Postby TJ » 04 May 2008

I am using a Q6600, but the same problem happened with my old computer. SO this is not hardware related. Nor V3 specific, because I had the same problem with previous version.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 06 May 2008

Hi guys,

If you use TWS newer than 875, make sure that in QuoteManager -> Tools -> DataSources -> Interactive Brokers -> Settings, the options 'TWS bar timestamp' and 'Use server timestamps' are unchecked.

This should fix the problem. If it doesn't, please contact our customer support.

TJ

Postby TJ » 06 May 2008

Hi guys,

If you use TWS newer than 875, make sure that in QuoteManager -> Tools -> DataSources -> Interactive Brokers -> Settings, the options 'TWS bar timestamp' and 'Use server timestamps' are unchecked.

This should fix the problem. If it doesn't, please contact our customer support.
Mine are unchecked. They have always been the default setting by MC.

johnchan

Postby johnchan » 06 May 2008

'use server timestamps' was checked. I have corrected that, I'll see what happens.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 May 2008

Hi guys,

Mine are unchecked. They have always been the default setting by MC.
Hi TJ,

If those options for Interactive Brokers timestamps are unchecked and you are still experiencing the problem with the time and the bars on the chart, please contact our customer support.

Thank you.

Return to “MultiCharts”