MaxBarsBack  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
GuppyDRV

MaxBarsBack

Postby GuppyDRV » 27 Feb 2018

Hello all,

If I'm understanding MaxBarsBack I'm not able to code this property into a signal? Or is that strictly SetMaxBarsBack? I believe I can code an indicator? Can I code this into a function? It would be a simple function counting Bars from a defined start point and adding that to the MaxBarsBack number.

What I would like to have happen is to then reference the function where the MaxBarsBack number that I'm working with is located and pass this to my signal as a work around.

Is this possible or is there a way to simply set up a MaxBarsBack programmatically in my signal?

GuppyDRV

TJ

Re: MaxBarsBack  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 27 Feb 2018

Hello all,

If I'm understanding MaxBarsBack I'm not able to code this property into a signal? Or is that strictly SetMaxBarsBack? I believe I can code an indicator? Can I code this into a function? It would be a simple function counting Bars from a defined start point and adding that to the MaxBarsBack number.

What I would like to have happen is to then reference the function where the MaxBarsBack number that I'm working with is located and pass this to my signal as a work around.

Is this possible or is there a way to simply set up a MaxBarsBack programmatically in my signal?

GuppyDRV

Many people have a misunderstanding of what the MaxBarsBack is.

Please read the definition carefully again.
Make sure what you are doing is what MBB is designed for.

Practically speaking, it is of no benefit whatsoever to dynamically adjust the MBB.

If in doubt, you should just let MultiCharts determine it for you. This is done automatically when you load the indicator.

GuppyDRV

Re: MaxBarsBack

Postby GuppyDRV » 02 Mar 2018

TJ,

Thanks.

GuppyDRV

Return to “MultiCharts”