Format Date- Days back and holidays  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
automaton

Format Date- Days back and holidays

Postby automaton » 19 Mar 2018

Anyone know why MC format date setting doesn't skip holiday weekdays when counting days back? I tried modifying holiday schedule in exchange settings and still same thing. So for example, if on a 5 minute chart of XYZ stock on 1/2/2018 I set it to 2 days back it still counts New years Day as a trading day, and only displays the data for one day ( 1/2/2018). It doesn't see 12/30/2017 as a trading day, because 1/1/2018 is counted.
Is there any way to permanently make it skip the holidays just like it skips weekends?

TJ

Re: Format Date- Days back and holidays

Postby TJ » 20 Mar 2018

Anyone know why MC format date setting doesn't skip holiday weekdays when counting days back? I tried modifying holiday schedule in exchange settings and still same thing. So for example, if on a 5 minute chart of XYZ stock on 1/2/2018 I set it to 2 days back it still counts New years Day as a trading day, and only displays the data for one day ( 1/2/2018). It doesn't see 12/30/2017 as a trading day, because 1/1/2018 is counted.
Is there any way to permanently make it skip the holidays just like it skips weekends?

Please post your code.

automaton

Re: Format Date- Days back and holidays  [SOLVED]

Postby automaton » 20 Mar 2018

TJ

I was referring to the general format instrument/date settings on the chart. There is a days back option

automaton

Postby automaton » 20 Mar 2018

Format Instrument > Settings > Data range > X days back

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 21 Mar 2018

Hello, automaton!

I’m afraid there’s not much you can do about the way holidays are treated by MultiCharts when Bars Back/Days Back setting is chosen for the Data Range on the chart. This is to re reworked at some point, but I’m afraid we cannot give any ETA at the moment.
As for now please try setting the Data Range using the From – To interval.

automaton

Postby automaton » 22 Mar 2018

Thanks for the info Anna. Has this been approved within the Project Management Dashboard? If so, can you provide a link? I can't seem to find any info on it.

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 22 Mar 2018

automaton,

I’m afraid there’s no such PM link. This is our internal intention to readdress this setting behavior in relation to holidays.

automaton

Postby automaton » 31 Mar 2018

Thanks Anna

I'm assuming these types of "internal intentions" take precedence over any feature request in the PM dashboard. I can't say with certainty that it's a bug, but considering that it skips specific non-trading days (weekends) and not holidays sure make it appear as one. If there is anything I can do to help streamline resolving this issue, please let me know.

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 06 Apr 2018

automaton,

You can create a PM request for this so that other users could vote for it. The bigger the number of interested users, the more chances there’re for the feature to be implemented faster.

automaton

Postby automaton » 08 Aug 2018

Anna. Just want to touch base with you, and see if your team plans on reworking this setting issue within the new Multicharts 12 releases

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 15 Aug 2018

Hello, automaton!

There were improvements in this sphere in MultiCharts 12. Please install it and test: https://www.multicharts.com/download/

automaton

Postby automaton » 15 Aug 2018

It works perfectly now. You guys never fail to amaze me. I sincerely appreciate all the effort you guys put into your product. Nothing compares.

I’m trying to close my feature request, but it doesn’t allow in the PM dashboard:
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2424

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 17 Aug 2018

automaton,

Thank you for your feedback, it’s really appreciated. We marked your PM request as released, no need to delete it.

Return to “MultiCharts”