Emulate Limit Orders Locally ?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
wilkinsw

Emulate Limit Orders Locally ?

Postby wilkinsw » 13 Apr 2018

Hi,

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2425

I think it would be great if MC rounded off the emulated orders functionality by adding limit order too.

Emulating limit orders locally can be done with IOG but for ease of rolling out signals without the need to stress test IOG code coupled with an MC coded solution being faster and more streamlined, i think adding the option would be great:

Simply add it next to the other two radio buttons for stop and stoplimit orders
emulate orders.PNG
(42.25 KiB) Downloaded 809 times
Some users might be thinking why I would want such functionality. Fact of the matter is that if you leave resting large limit orders working overnight, in this era of level 3 data you are much more likely to get picked on! By adding the option the user can flip between native and emulated limit orders on the fly which will be very useful indeed!

I believe in the early days of MC, emulated limit orders was actually the standard behaviour. Would be great if the limit order comes to market once its price is touched and/or best ask = buy limit price.

Anna MultiCharts

Re: Emulate Limit Orders Locally ?

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 18 Apr 2018

Hello, wilkinsw!

This will be implemented in the upcoming MultiCharts versions. Unfortunately I cannot tell the ETA at the moment.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 23 May 2019

Hello, wilkinsw!

This will be implemented in the upcoming MultiCharts versions. Unfortunately I cannot tell the ETA at the moment.

The new emulated limit feature doesn't work as I detailed above.

When conditions are met...... the users limit order joins the bid as a passive, back of the queue and maximum visibility, typically spoofing the market. It doesn't go to market as I described above.

When price is <=my buy price I want buy aggressively. I don't want to spoof the market and miss my fill.

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 30 May 2019

wilkinsw,

As a result of our communication by email we’ve arrived to the conclusion that we implement additional options for limit order emulation that will allow the choice of market and limit orders to be placed on the broker after the limit price is reached.
The change will be introduced in the next MultiCharts release – MultiCharts 12 release 8. Please check our blog every once in a while to find when it’s available.

Return to “MultiCharts”