Order/trading sounds  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tozwp

Order/trading sounds

Postby tozwp » 13 Apr 2018

Had to re-load MC this morning after getting a line 0 column 0 compilation error. Fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling into another directory per the Wiki help. Still have no idea why though. Added one comment to a working indicator and had the problem. Its fixed now but am a little worried and won't be making changes to code during market hours!

After reinstalling MC the sounds that occurred during chart trading are no longer there. I used to get a female voice indicating when an order was submitted, closed, stop filled etc but now I just get a chime. I can't seem to figure out where these sounds are stored or how to change them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

tozwp

Re: Order/trading sounds  [SOLVED]

Postby tozwp » 13 Apr 2018

Think I found it. Right click on speaker icon in lower right tray in Windows 10. Select 'sounds'. Under 'Sounds' tab, scroll down to Multicharts64. Correct sounds are stored in program file directory for MC. On my machine its C:/MC64/sounds. Not sure why re-installing MC caused the program to lose track of where these sounds were stored. Fixed now though.

Anna MultiCharts

Re: Order/trading sounds

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 18 Apr 2018

Hello, tozwp!

Glad you were able to fix this. But could you please recall how you re-installed MultiCharts to the new directory? Were there any errors during the installation? We’d like to reproduce this on our end, so if it is possible to describe what you did that would be perfect.

tozwp

Postby tozwp » 18 Apr 2018

I followed these instruction exactly to uninstall and then reinstall MC:

https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... lumnEnd_0)

No errors on the installation other than the sounds. Everything came back up and worked perfectly. Hope this helps!

tozwp

Postby tozwp » 18 Apr 2018

After clicking on the link I posted, I don't see the instructions so I've copied them here:

Compilation Error (errLine 0, errColumn 0, errLineEnd 0, errColumnEnd 0)
Windows Vista users: please make sure that you have all the latest Windows updates and Service Packs installed before following this guide.
The error takes place when Windows was upgraded or Windows updates were installed and is usually resolved if you simply do the following:

Close all MultiCharts products and make sure all MultiCharts Processes are finished in Windows Task Manager.
Uninstall MultiCharts from your computer:
Windows Start
Open Control Panel
Select Uninstall a program
Find MultiCharts
Select Uninstall
Click Next
Click Remove
Do NOT check the box "Remove MultiCharts user data from computer", leave it clear.
Click Remove
After the uninstall processes is completed click the Finish button.
Install MultiCharts again, using a different, short directory:
If you don't have the installer saved on your local drive, please download the latest release or beta version
Click Install
Click Next
Check the box "I accept the terms in the License Agreement"
Click Next
Click Next
Click Change
Change the folder name to C:\MC or C:\MC64 and click OK
Click Next
After the installation processes is over, click Finish button.

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 19 Apr 2018

tozwp,

thank you for commenting on this. As a rule following these steps doesn’t lead to the issue with sounds that you described.
If you or anyone else ever encounters this again, please contact support in Live Chat (accessible from our web site http://www.multicharts.com/) to describe any major or minor peculiarities that happened during the installation or prior to it.

Return to “MultiCharts”