Running out of Memory Alert 32Bit-Version

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
signalworks

Running out of Memory Alert 32Bit-Version

Postby signalworks » 03 May 2018

Hello,

I have installed the 32-Bit-version MultiCharts Version 11.0 Release (Build 15806) and using 2 workspaces with each 4 Charts. Each charts gets data from TS and shows Rangebars for two month history. MC take round about 1GB RAM. I have 32GB available. MC shows permanently the Alert of "running out of memory". How can I setup MC to avoid this alert.
Thanks.

regards

TJ

Re: Running out of Memory Alert 32Bit-Version

Postby TJ » 03 May 2018

Hello,

I have installed the 32-Bit-version MultiCharts Version 11.0 Release (Build 15806) and using 2 workspaces with each 4 Charts. Each charts gets data from TS and shows Rangebars for two month history. MC take round about 1GB RAM. I have 32GB available. MC shows permanently the Alert of "running out of memory". How can I setup MC to avoid this alert.
Thanks.

regards

Is there any reason why you cannot use the 64 bit version of MultiCharts?

Most of your 32 GB of RAM is sitting idle, because the 32 bit version can only address 3 GB of memory space.
This is not a MultiCharts problem. This is a mathematically limitation of the older operating system.

signalworks

Postby signalworks » 04 May 2018

Hi TJ, thanks. I have to send signals to a third (32bit-)platform via dll. The dll have to be an 32bit-dll... Now, it is not a solution with this memory-problem. Is there any way to use a 32bit-dll with 64bit-MC? That would be the solution. Thanks.

regards

TJ

Postby TJ » 04 May 2018

signalworks

Thanks again, TJ. What I don't understand, MC32 takes even 26MB, in sum with its other components ~35MB. The alert still appears. The Monitor-Entry in the registry is set at 1500 by default. If 1500 is reached, then would be appears the alert? It comes too soon obviously?

regards
Attachments
mc32_ram.png
(13.21 KiB) Downloaded 967 times
Last edited by signalworks on 04 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 04 May 2018

Hello, signalworks!

Unfortunately I cannot get to see your picture down this link. Please share it with a different cloud service or attach the image to your forum post.

signalworks

Hello Anna, I have updated the post above. Thanks.

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 07 May 2018

Signalworks,

Thanks.
These values are not the ones that cause this message to appear. MultiCharts monitors the virtual memory usage and notifies the user about the lack of memory.
Judging by your setup – 2 workspaces * 4 Rangebar charts – the virtual memory consumption can be quite high. You can trust this warning message sent by MultiCharts.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 07 May 2018

Hi TJ, thanks. I have to send signals to a third (32bit-)platform via dll. The dll have to be an 32bit-dll... Now, it is not a solution with this memory-problem. Is there any way to use a 32bit-dll with 64bit-MC? That would be the solution. Thanks.

regards
" Is there any way to use a 32bit-dll with 64bit-MC? That would be the solution. "

I have the exact same problem I need to use a 32bit dll with MC64. I'm surprised that someone hasn't made a converter of some sort to remedy this.
Maybe just read in the 32bit dll and write it in 64bit . (I'm not a programmer obviously, so not quite sure how to do it.)
It works fine on MC 32bit. But I use MC64 due to 10 workspaces and many charts on each. (I don't think MC32 could handle it).
I'd love to see MC add this functionality or sell a 32bit dll to 64bit dll converter as a separate product. (maybe a hybrid dll).
We have some professional programmers here with massive talent, maybe they have a solution.

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 08 May 2018

Such dll usage is not directly possible.
There is a tool (I do not remember the name) selling for 600eur+ which wraps around 32-bit dll functions and makes them callable from within 64-bit programs, but the success rate is not 100%. Knowledge of 32-bit program structure/nuances would be desirable.

While 64-bit MC is better for development and testing, 32-bit MC, and especially 32-bit PT, as well as other 32-bit data/broker interface software (like IBG), is for automated execution from a VPS.

With this in mind, it would be great to get PT multi-threaded not only for optimisation but also for trading.
(there is a long-standing PM for that).

Return to “MultiCharts”