MC64 Performance Limit Reached

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
pdeering100

MC64 Performance Limit Reached

Postby pdeering100 » 16 May 2018

I received this error/dialogue today and searched for help but could not find the topic:

"Multicharts64 - Performance limit reached. A new instance of Multicharts cannot be launched. Reduce the number of charts with enabled auto trading and try again."

What am I doing wrong and what can I do about it?

My cpu and Ram usage are each less than 50%.

I thought MC64 was "unlimited"

Thank you,
Paul

TJ

Re: MC64 Performance Limit Reached

Postby TJ » 16 May 2018

I received this error/dialogue today and searched for help but could not find the topic:

"Multicharts64 - Performance limit reached. A new instance of Multicharts cannot be launched. Reduce the number of charts with enabled auto trading and try again."

What am I doing wrong and what can I do about it?

My cpu and Ram usage are each less than 50%.

I thought MC64 was "unlimited"

Thank you,
Paul

How many instances have you opened?

MC version?
Windows version?
CPU?
RAM?

pdeering100

Postby pdeering100 » 16 May 2018

Instances open = 9
MC Version = Version 11.0 Build 16148
Windows 10 Version 1709, OS Build 16299.431
CPU = i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz
Ram = 16GB

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 13 Jul 2018

I too am having this issue for the first time ever, after many years usage of Multicharts. It happens in MC11 r9+ only.

It happens almost every time I fire up.

Seems to be once I have a couple of instances of MC64 opened and loading charts + calculating signals....THEN i go to open a 3rd instance and I get the error messages.

Multicharts: would you kindly take a look....... load up lots of instances and charts and it should trigger the error eventually.

Once you close the last instance and then reopen it there are no more error messages. Even when you open a couple of more instances after this point.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 17 Jul 2018

Dear Users,

This message is a means of protection from possible issues in case there is not enough system resources for TradingServer process. TradingServer process serves all MultiCharts instances, and if the number of interprocess calls exceeds the system capabilities, this message appears. Usually it is caused by generation of too many orders by the autotrading system. If you see this message - please reduce the number of charts with enabled auto trading.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 17 Jul 2018

Dear Users,

This message is a means of protection from possible issues in case there is not enough system resources for TradingServer process. TradingServer process serves all MultiCharts instances, and if the number of interprocess calls exceeds the system capabilities, this message appears. Usually it is caused by generation of too many orders by the autotrading system. If you see this message - please reduce the number of charts with enabled auto trading.
Great in theory. In practice it seems to be generated inappropriately. For me it is being generated when opening the 3rd instance during startup....with no charts autotrading. Seems to be triggered by the CPU spike during startup (from simultaneous initialisation and calculation of all my charts and signals... and that's all).

Like I said before, this is unique to MC11 r9+ and only comes up for me during startup. All I have to do is kill and reopen the 3rd instance and continue. But it's a pain in the bum nonetheless.

Can MC look at reworking this new feature please? Trust me on this....it needs better testing out and reworking.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 18 Jul 2018

wilkinsw,

Please reproduce the issue, make a full-sized screenshot of the error message and send it to support@multicharts.com
Also please send us the report via Help -> Feedback so that we would be able to investigate the issue. Please enable the following checkboxes in the Feedback window:
“Attach a Screenshot”
“Attach Log files…”
“Attach minidump…”
“Snapshot of the current MultiCharts setup”
“Open workspaces…”
And additionally, you can include “Data for active instruments…”,
“Active indicators…”, “Active signals…” if you wish.

Select “Upload collected data to Help Desk” and click Send.

As soon as we receive the requested files, the engineers will study the case and we will get in touch with you when we have any feedback from them.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 18 Jul 2018

Ok, will do next time around.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 04 Sep 2018

Outside of this forum trading colleagues are all reporting annoyance from this notification.

It should not be triggered during startup.

Can MC either:

-Add code to block this exception if workspaces are currently being loaded / signals indicators being calculated first time.

OR

-Suggest a regedit to stop it.

Most of the time my CPU is between 10-20% and Ram about 50-70%. It is merely the MC64 start-up process generating this error. My current workaround is to simply startup slower..... fewer groups of workspaces at a time. It's a pain nonetheless as I have about 50 workspaces to open across two servers and it's taking me twice as long as before.

Thanks.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 20 Sep 2018

Hello, wilkinsw,

The reasons that trigger the notification cannot be detected by Task Manager, Process Hacker and so on.
As was specified in my previous post:
This message is a means of protection from possible issues in case there is not enough system resources for TradingServer process. TradingServer process serves all MultiCharts instances, and if the number of interprocess calls exceeds the system capabilities, this message appears.
The interprocess calls for data transfer between separate processes are not registered by regular means. Indeed, the system can look quite unloaded, but this doesn’t exclude the possibility of the system issue described above.
If you’d like our engineers to look deeper into this issue please send us the report with logs, dumps, working environment and screenshots as described above.

Return to “MultiCharts”