Suggestion list

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
york timothy

Suggestion list

Postby york timothy » 07 May 2008

Hello Marina,
I thought I would list some of the suggestions that I

have made so they would be in 1 list rather then you

trying to recall them.

1. use watchlists to keep track of symbols, including

having the ability to alphabetize the symbols in these

watchlists.
2.Have labels to remain in place after drag-drop.
3.increase the number of symbols to identify different candle patterns. This would make a part of the program that you already have in place more useful.
4.ability to clone specific chart set-ups instead of having to do each chart individually.
5.archiving webinars if and when they are commenced
6.allow the user to select the volume chart of choice instead of having the static choices now available i.e.1000,5000, etc.
7. Allow the Quote manager to access charts by double clicking on the symbol as well as being able to import and export symbol lists to Notepad or Excell.

While none of these suggestions are earth-shattering, I believe it would help MC become more user friendly. In my opinion it is better to give the user as much input as to how the software is going to be used as possible. By allowing the user to input his own selections i.e volume chart selection etc., it creates a more flexible and usable product. When looking for a trading software flexibility is one of the most important features I look for. You can put in a series of defaults to get someone started but allow for customization. This makes a much more dynamic piece of software for everyone.
Please accept these suggestions in the spirit they are intended. Thank you, Marina.

Kindest regards,

Tim

Marina Pashkova

Re: Suggestion list

Postby Marina Pashkova » 13 May 2008

Hello Marina,
I thought I would list some of the suggestions that I

have made so they would be in 1 list rather then you

trying to recall them.

1. use watchlists to keep track of symbols, including

having the ability to alphabetize the symbols in these

watchlists.
2.Have labels to remain in place after drag-drop.
3.increase the number of symbols to identify different candle patterns. This would make a part of the program that you already have in place more useful.
4.ability to clone specific chart set-ups instead of having to do each chart individually.
5.archiving webinars if and when they are commenced
6.allow the user to select the volume chart of choice instead of having the static choices now available i.e.1000,5000, etc.
7. Allow the Quote manager to access charts by double clicking on the symbol as well as being able to import and export symbol lists to Notepad or Excell.

While none of these suggestions are earth-shattering, I believe it would help MC become more user friendly. In my opinion it is better to give the user as much input as to how the software is going to be used as possible. By allowing the user to input his own selections i.e volume chart selection etc., it creates a more flexible and usable product. When looking for a trading software flexibility is one of the most important features I look for. You can put in a series of defaults to get someone started but allow for customization. This makes a much more dynamic piece of software for everyone.
Please accept these suggestions in the spirit they are intended. Thank you, Marina.

Kindest regards,

Tim
Hi Tim,

Thank you for the suggestions. We will try to implement all of them in future MC versions.

Also:

Could you please give more details on item 1?

Item 4: you can do so by copying and pasting charts.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”