TextSize of 8 no showing properly

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

TextSize of 8 no showing properly

Postby bowlesj3 » 11 Jun 2018

Hi,

All of a sudden the text my studies are displaying at textsize 2 (visible as a little tiny dot). This is occurring even thought they are being set to size 8 using the code below.

Code: Select all

TextSize(8),

value1 = text_setbgcolor(LastSwingLowPriceID,Tool_White);
value1 = text_setsize(LastSwingLowPriceID,TextSize);
value1 = text_setstyle(LastSwingLowPriceID,2,TextBelow); //The last paramter is vertical.
I have changed nothing in these studies and they have been running fine for at least 10 months now. It is happening in 3 different studies (one in the price sub-chart, one in the RSI sub-chart and one in the Percentage R sub-chart). I tried opening a different work space and it is happening there too. The font is Aria by the way with a back colour of white and a font colour of black.

So if I right click on one of the text and change the TextSize to 8 it still shows as a little dot. If I then change it to bold while still at TextSize 8 it all of a sudden appears properly I think (it may be a bit too big, not sure). You can see this in the attached image of a 5 minute bar chart in the RSI sub-chart.

I am running MC 64 bit version 11.0 build 15808. I did not upgrade at all.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? It seems that inserting code to make the text bold will not fix it since the TextSize 8 is not even getting picked up.

Thanks,
John
Attachments
ABX_05M.png
(52.63 KiB) Downloaded 727 times

bowlesj3

Re: TextSize of 8 no showing properly

Postby bowlesj3 » 11 Jun 2018

So I decided to step the charts anyway. What I mean by this is I run an MS-Access program to send keystrokes to step the scanner symbols to show the next chart in the scanner (actually 6 charts for that scanner symbol). It waits 5 seconds then displays the next stock. It continues until it has stepped all stocks 70 or so stocks. I do this so that it is sure to have the data available to each chart for when the market opens.

So it stepped roughly 10 stocks then all of a sudden it started working properly so I can see the text. Very strange. I went back and redisplayed the first few symbols to make sure the problem is not symbol specific. It turns out it is not symbol specific because all the charts for all the symbols are now displaying properly. The question still remains as to why this happened.

SP

Postby SP » 12 Jun 2018

As the text dot "." is always small, why not use the letter "o", or use plot with LineWidth or an arrow with Arw_new instead ot text_new.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 12 Jun 2018

The text is the number of units (rounded) up or down since the prior swing bottom or top. I have it on all three sub charts. It is suppose to mark the waves as well Unfortunately it does not always mark them the way I see them :-( It works 80 percent of the time.

I just started MC this morning and it is working (meaning showing the text properly). I attached a chart. Slightly off the original topic it is picking up the swings well (relative to the way I see them) at the moment. The smaller waves which make up the waves you see are suppose to be picked up by the next smaller chart size (one minute). This is my code. I programmed about 5 ways to do this and decided that getting this to work 100% correct is impossible. So I gave up and just have it tell me it thinks there might be a trade and I make the decision.
Attachments
ABX_05M_Working.png
(61.12 KiB) Downloaded 699 times

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 12 Jun 2018

Hello, bowlesj3!

If you’d like us to investigate this issue, please send us your workspace, the study and the export of symbols with data in QMD format to support@multicharts.com

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 13 Jun 2018

Hello, bowlesj3!

If you’d like us to investigate this issue, please send us your workspace, the study and the export of symbols with data in QMD format to support@multicharts.com
Thanks Anna, you are probably as interested in knowing why it happened as I am. I will keep the email kicking around to bug me and on a weekend I will see if I can put out some time to send the info. Unfortunately I can't say how to recreate it. Maybe I would be better to wait to see if it happens again and before it corrects itself send the info.

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 Jun 2018

This same problem happened to me a few times over the years. (3~4 times over 10 yrs)
A reboot or a reload of the wsp fixed the problem.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 13 Jun 2018

This same problem happened to me a few times over the years. (3~4 times over 10 yrs)
A reboot or a reload of the wsp fixed the problem.
Now you have another fix :-) Load 10 or 20 work spaces closing the previous one just after you open the next.

Return to “MultiCharts”