Why MultiCharts always shows an error message: TSServer is already launched on this machine by another user ...

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
shargo

Why MultiCharts always shows an error message: TSServer is already launched on this machine by another user ...

Postby shargo » 13 Jun 2018

Why my MultiCharts always shows an error message: "TSServer is already launched on this machine by another user. This user should close all MultiCharts64 components"? Please find the error image as attached.

After I restart my computer, I start Quote Manager first, then I click MultiCharts, and this error message always shows. However, I do not open any MultiCharts program except Quote Manager, and I am the only user on this computer.

After I open Quote Manager, I find that there is one or more MultiCharts thread(s) shown in Task Manager of Windows 10. To try to fix this problem, I always should close MultiCharts using Task Manager, and click MultiCharts again.

Please Help me to solve this problem. Thank you very much.
Attachments
MC error message.png
(86.46 KiB) Downloaded 465 times

Anna MultiCharts

Re: Why MultiCharts always shows an error message: TSServer is already launched on this machine by another user ...

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 14 Jun 2018

Hello, shargo!

This can happen when you start different MultiCharts components as different users. You need to run MultiCharts and all of its applications as one and the same user.
One copy of MultiCharts can have only one TSserver process which starts when you open any of MultiCharts components. So if you launched QuoteManager and TSServer as a regular user and then started MultiCharts as Administrator, then the TSServer cannot be launched again as Administrator, and that is why you receive this message.
To find if MultiCharts components are started as Administrator or not right-click on the desktop icon or on the corresponding MultiCharts application in the MultiCharts installation folder and go Properties -> Compatibility -> Settings section -> “Run this program as an administrator”.

shargo

Re: Why MultiCharts always shows an error message: TSServer is already launched on this machine by another user ...

Postby shargo » 14 Jun 2018

Do you mean if I open Quote Manager as an administrator, then I should open MultiCharts Main Window as not an administrator?

Then, this error will not occur?

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 14 Jun 2018

Do you mean if I open Quote Manager as an administrator, then I should open MultiCharts Main Window as not an administrator?

Then, this error will not occur?
You should open ALL MC components as Administrator.

Return to “MultiCharts”