Please vote: Build a charttype via script  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
signalworks

Please vote: Build a charttype via script

Postby signalworks » 18 Jun 2018

Hi,
many have very individual requirements on certain chart types. MC already has a large number of types. It would be most flexible if you could program your own chart type via script.
Please vote for this flexible option! Thank you very much!

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2472

TJ

Re: Please vote: Build a charttype via script

Postby TJ » 18 Jun 2018

Hi,
many have very individual requirements on certain chart types. MC already has a large number of types. It would be most flexible if you could program your own chart type via script.
Please vote for this flexible option! Thank you very much!

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2472

Please draw some mockup examples to illustrate your idea.

signalworks

Briefly to the reason why I need it: with the indicator values (chart below) I can already implement what I need (I feed the strategy with the corresponding calculated values and virtually simulate a new chart type). For backtesting, however, it would make sense to generate a chart directly that corresponds to this indicator, so to speak. The chart will then have far fewer bars and more resources available for backtesting or other purposes. In the example, the chart for operating the indicator is a 500-point chart. Compared to a regular P&F chart, this is a ratio of barnumbers of about 200,000: 15,000 (2year history DJI, boxSize 12.000, res 1Tick, rev 1).

***some important requirements***
Ideally one can create the new chart type in the PL editor and use all BuiltIn functionality. The chart-pic shows my case of a certain requirement (similiar to p&f).
For my case I need the options:

1. Possibility to define the bar direction in advance by variable (whether upwards or downwards). In the picture below would be green the up- and red the down-bars)
2. A new bar is to be generated if the market price exceeds or falls below a calculated variable (or if a builtIn-varible changed)
3. values barhigh/-low/-open/-close/candle wick/fuse should be representable (builtin variables)

...we could collect many other requirements...
Attachments
custom_charttype_pl.png
(4.97 KiB) Downloaded 572 times
custom_charttype.png
(10.91 KiB) Downloaded 572 times
custom_charttype_ind_.png
(4.35 KiB) Downloaded 572 times

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 18 Jun 2018

Hello, signalworks!

The possibility of creating your own chart type is already present in MultiCharts. You can use the built-in chart types as a source code for creating your own chart resolution:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... esolutions

signalworks

Re: Please vote: Build a charttype via script  [SOLVED]

oops, not seen yet. Great! Thank you very much! Is there access to the SessionEndTime (for SessionBreak...) in this API? Haven't found anything in the sample scripts. Is there any doc about this API? Thanks.

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 20 Jun 2018

signalworks,

the documentation for this has not been created yet.
Why do you need to access Session end form the code of your custom bars? MultiCharts is capable of closing bars at the required time on its own. Your custom resolutions should only be able to construct bars as you’d like, all other functionality will be performed by MultiCharts.

Return to “MultiCharts”