MULTICHARTS 12.0 RELEASE CANDIDATE

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS 12.0 RELEASE CANDIDATE

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Jun 2018

MultiCharts 12.0 Release Candidate is available for download now (64-bit build 16374)!

Featuring TPO, Matrix Optimization, reworked optimization GUI, Bittrex and Bitfinex data feeds, and many other improvements!

Check our blog for the complete list of all new features and improvements in this version.

>>> Go to MultiCharts 12.0 Release Candidate download page <<<

Important information for the existing Poloniex data feed users:
MultiCharts now swaps the symbol names provided by Poloniex API to provide the pairs the way they are listed on the Poloniex website.
One should rename the existing symbols or re-add the new symbol names and update the existing workspaces accordingly!

Smoky

Issue with new popup window

Postby Smoky » 26 Jun 2018

My setup :

only one workspace, many charts, each chart have its own stategy/profile/account with Interactive Brokers.

now when i open my workspace i have a popup window who ask another confirmation (new MC Policy) but it don't choose to confirm the right Profile/Account for the stategy when SA mode is loading by workspace.
WRONG PROFIL.PNG
(53.43 KiB) Downloaded 4565 times
Chart and account are ok for this strategy STRAT C but not popup window who ask confirmation for STRAT A
(every popup who ask user confirmation use STRAT A account and use this account)

you will undestand in my case i can't confirm this popup for every profil/account when i start auto-trading remotely.
(i already do a script to the first popup with autohotkey), remember now, i use only one workspace, but many in the futures !

here too :
WRONG PROFIL 2.PNG
(11.7 KiB) Downloaded 4565 times
Manuel trading on right choose good profil/account but not SA mode. would be STRAT E

before i add only this one:
ONLY ONE.PNG
(53.18 KiB) Downloaded 4565 times

I already told to Anna that Multicharts team will kill MC autotrading soon...

My workaround is to stay with an older MC to stay in full autotrading, without many popup to confirm.

I try to do many things with account/profils names without any succes.

(Sorry to edit but problem with hosting pictures format)
Last edited by Smoky on 26 Jun 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Smoky

Re: MULTICHARTS 12.0 RELEASE CANDIDATE

Change from MultiCharts64 Version 11.0 Release (Build 16148)
strat a 2.PNG
(63.74 KiB) Downloaded 4580 times

maybe this can help You

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Jun 2018

Hello Smoky,

The Chart Trading Panel account selector is not related to the Auto Trading plugin settings. The manual trading and auto trading are separate features and therefore they have individual settings.
We were unable to replicate the behavior with an incorrect auto trading plugin shown in the auto trading confirmation window for a saved worskspace on our end. Please send us the workspace you are having issue with, or come to the live chat to demonstrate the issue remotely.

Smoky

Hello Henry, i will come on live chat to demonstrate the issue remotely today.

But i make a new workspace on another laptop and all is ok.

Maybe this issue is only when you import a workspase from another PC who don't have exactly the same profil/accounts setting

Smoky

Nice ! now we can "Flush Cached Data to Database" please could You add a shortcut for this ?

Then i will add automation to do this when i want, for exemple at the end of my trading day and keep Quotemanager open.

Automeq

MC12 Beta Indicator disappearing

Postby Automeq » 27 Jun 2018

I have MultiCharts64 Test Version 12.0 (Build 16374)

This already happened several times but not always

I created an indicator called BarNumber
1.JPG
(149.13 KiB) Downloaded 4533 times

In the chart I try to plot it but it's not there (I clicked in the name column to sort, just in case)
2.JPG
(47.83 KiB) Downloaded 4533 times
Close both MC and Power Language editor and open again but it's still missing
3.JPG
(117.29 KiB) Downloaded 4533 times
Only way is to create it again.

If I try to delete or rename an indicator happens the same thing. Changes are not done.

I can't replicate the problem to happen every time. Some days happens, some days doesn't happen.

I have Windows 7 64 and my MC12 is a fresh installation. I fully uninstall previous version, installed MC12 and imported studies that I had exported in previous version.

TJ

Re: MC12 Beta Indicator disappearing

Postby TJ » 27 Jun 2018

Can you try a name with the underscore "_" as the prefix?
The name will be in the front; You do not have to scroll to find the indicator.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Jun 2018

Maybe this issue is only when you import a workspase from another PC who don't have exactly the same profil/accounts setting
If in this MultiCharts you don't have a broker profile with the exact name that was saved in the workspace file, then the auto trading plugin will default to the first broker profile you currently have in the list (alphabetical order).

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Jun 2018

Nice ! now we can "Flush Cached Data to Database" please could You add a shortcut for this ?
You mean a hotkey?

Automeq

Postby Automeq » 27 Jun 2018

Thanks for trying help TJ but I'm going to put this on hold. I'm over with MC12 now.

MC12 has been a headache since I installed it. What I reported here is only one of the multiple things that use to happen on a daily basis and that I can't replicate.
Happens here and there and is only solved closing and reopening MC 2 or 3 times and sometimes only shutting down the PC:

- Creating an indicator and not having that available in the chart (this is what I described)
- Deleting or editing indicators in Editor and they keep showing up in Multicharts
- When deleting an indicator, next time it is still there but if I open it is just an empty page
- Plotting a signal in the chart and nothing showing up (and this Performance windows comes empty)
- Plotting a signal in the chart and, at the same time, without being requested, another indicator or signal is also displayed
- Compiling an indicator and receiving an error message saying it is in use (because it is plotted in the chart). I have to delete the indicator from the chart and only then make the compilation.

I have already made a repair of MC12 but problems subsist.

Nothing of this happened in MC11 so I'm going to uninstall MC12 and going back to MC11.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 27 Jun 2018

You mean a hotkey?
QuoteManager Shortcut.PNG
(31.5 KiB) Downloaded 4514 times
Yes Henry, for exemple Ctrl+D , then i can send this hotkey from My EL code at the end of my trading day (no more quotes for this day)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Jun 2018

Thanks for trying help TJ but I'm going to put this on hold. I'm over with MC12 now.

MC12 has been a headache since I installed it. What I reported here is only one of the multiple things that use to happen on a daily basis and that I can't replicate.
Happens here and there and is only solved closing and reopening MC 2 or 3 times and sometimes only shutting down the PC:

- Creating an indicator and not having that available in the chart (this is what I described)
- Deleting or editing indicators in Editor and they keep showing up in Multicharts
- When deleting an indicator, next time it is still there but if I open it is just an empty page
- Plotting a signal in the chart and nothing showing up (and this Performance windows comes empty)
- Plotting a signal in the chart and, at the same time, without being requested, another indicator or signal is also displayed
- Compiling an indicator and receiving an error message saying it is in use (because it is plotted in the chart). I have to delete the indicator from the chart and only then make the compilation.

I have already made a repair of MC12 but problems subsist.

Nothing of this happened in MC11 so I'm going to uninstall MC12 and going back to MC11.
Automeq, we were unable to replicate this behavior on our end. If you are willing to contribute and let us study this behavior on your end - please come to the live chat for running some tests. MultiCharts 12 Test (Beta) can be installed on your PC alongside MultiCharts 11 Release and run completely isolated.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Jun 2018

You mean a hotkey?
Yes Henry, for exemple Ctrl+D , then i can send this hotkey from My EL code at the end of my trading day (no more quotes for this day)
Smoky, we will have it added in MultiCharts 12.0 Release.

TJ

Postby TJ » 28 Jun 2018

You mean a hotkey?

You might as well add a scheduler to it. eg. auto-flush every day at 5:45 pm.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 28 Jun 2018

Yes TJ i don't want to ask to much, with a hotkey i can do the job, a scheduler would be nice ! (maybe use the scheduler to export ASCII file LoL)

monday-friday flush at 22:00 Paris Hours for Futur Dax Market

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jun 2018

You might as well add a scheduler to it. eg. auto-flush every day at 5:45 pm.
Yes TJ i don't want to ask to much, with a hotkey i can do the job, a scheduler would be nice ! (maybe use the scheduler to export ASCII file LoL) monday-friday flush at 22:00 Paris Hours for Futur Dax Market
Thanks for your feedback. This is something we may add in one of the future versions.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 03 Jul 2018

Hi,

I've uncovered a new backtest fill placement bug in MC12:

viewtopic.php?t=51323#p129734

strelow

Postby strelow » 05 Jul 2018

Hello .

I´m trying to install this version (12) in my pc but inside Quote Manager > Data Source I can see button Edit !
Only deactive and setting button appears.

There is some configuration to enable to show this button ? In version 11 is working fine.

Regards

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 06 Jul 2018

Account setup : colum choice, place, alignement are not saved and have to be set again at MC startup.
ACCOUNT SETUP LOOSE.PNG
(28.56 KiB) Downloaded 4278 times

when an order is rejeted it will be nice to have access to the reason in EL code. You already have this information in log.
order status.PNG
(5.68 KiB) Downloaded 4278 times

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Jul 2018

Hello .I´m trying to install this version (12) in my pc but inside Quote Manager > Data Source I can see button Edit !
Only deactive and setting button appears.There is some configuration to enable to show this button ? In version 11 is working fine.Regards
strelow, this functionality has been removed. Why do you need to Edit a data source?

strelow

Postby strelow » 06 Jul 2018

Hello. Usually I need to include a new one and change the name for a local data source for Brazilian market but I did a test using barchart.com and works probably they (data provider) use this one . Now is working in this way. Thank you . In my country I dont have broker and have only one data provider to use MC it not easy like in USA.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Jul 2018

Account setup : colum choice, place, alignement are not saved and have to be set again at MC startup.
This behavior is by design. We may improve that in one of the future versions.
when an order is rejeted it will be nice to have access to the reason in EL code. You already have this information in log.
There is no way to do that within the current architecture.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 06 Jul 2018

This behavior is by design. We may improve that in one of the future versions.
There is no way to do that within the current architecture.
Hello Henry,

easy to do with this architecture !

MC 12 already know rejected error code from Broker API and then fill log with it

Here Margin issue :
Margin rejected Orders big.PNG
(29.43 KiB) Downloaded 4222 times
Right ?

Here my code to manage my orders with your help.

Code: Select all

StatusOrder=RejectedOrderAction;
if StatusOrder <> 0 then // new Rejected Order
begin
FOC=RejectedOrderContracts*-1;
if StatusOrder > 0 then
begin
mots="BUY REJECTED";
end
else
begin
mots="SELL REJECTED";
end;

// GlobaVariables "ApiCodeReject" and "RejectedLogLineTxT" are filled by internal MC12 "Log subroutine"

// extract API return code or MC internal code list
RejectedOrderCode=GVGetNamedInt(ApiCodeReject,error);

// extract line txt from Log then our EL code can catch number in [braket] for exemple
DecodedRejectedTxT=GVGetNamedString(RejectedLogLineTxT,error);

end;
i know it is not perfect, but good workaround for the moment ... (and better than nothing)

Only few code lines to put in your Log subroutine to fill reserved MC GlobaVariables Names "ApiCodeReject" and "RejectedLogLineTxT" that so ...

And You help every one to manage order from EL.

Many people try to manage log with external file !
this way may help them to do better work with Reserved GlobaVariables Names filled by MC12 ....

LastLogLineTxT=GVGetNamedString(LogLineTxT,error);
Then Your DevTeam will open many new things to do for EL programmer. (just to share idea)

edited with better picture

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 13 Jul 2018

INSTALLER PROBLEMS SAME THING EVERY UPDATE

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 13 Jul 2018

INSTALLER PROBLEMS SAME THING EVERY UPDATE
Mark: Be sure to disable any anti-virus programs before attempting an install.
"Avast" was blocking my install of MC until I removed it.
Always run MC as Admin too.
Good Trading.

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 Jul 2018

run install as admin

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 15 Jul 2018

My setup : one chart one symbol two stategies.

here my log with all orders with timing.

all informations are shared corectly from stategy one to the second stategy Good !
SELL ORDER RECEIVED BUY REJECTED.PNG
(28.13 KiB) Downloaded 4063 times

but a sell order at 16:25:11:2511 received a buy rejected flag and would be sell rejected flag (margin low).

all orders in my log are from stategy one and stategy two.

it would be very nice to know with EL witch order ID, order type (market,limit) was filled or rejected and why, because stategy have different rules.

Please fill informations with Globals Variables in real time only (for the begining no need backtest, better to simply start with GV)

now MC dev team open realy good orders management, and MC12 would be perfect with this ....

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Jul 2018

My setup : one chart one symbol two stategies.
here my log with all orders with timing.
all informations are shared corectly from stategy one to the second stategy Good !
but a sell order at 16:25:11:2511 received a buy rejected flag and would be sell rejected flag (margin low).
all orders in my log are from stategy one and stategy two.
it would be very nice to know with EL witch order ID, order type (market,limit) was filled or rejected and why, because stategy have different rules.
Please fill informations with Globals Variables in real time only (for the begining no need backtest, better to simply start with GV)
now MC dev team open realy good orders management, and MC12 would be perfect with this ....
smoky, you can track the Rejected order events by calling getappinfo(aiCalcReason):
(CalcReason_OrderRejected) - calculation is to be initialized after order rejected event (for signals only).
Rejected order info can be accessed using the following commands:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... egy_Events

Additional information - Generate alert if "Rejected" order found
http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/v ... =5&t=47400

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 17 Jul 2018

Hello Henry,

The treatment of order events is a big step, I read again my post on the subject and in 2015 you promised me a total management orders with MC 9.1.
With Multicharts order engine you have to maintain a true condition to maintain that order in the queue, right? how to do it if I do not know what order is on the market or reject? Easy when you have only one signal to follow more complex for many.

Henry I do not have a complaint, I already have 3 lifetimes licenses and ready to buy another, I always work to help your dev team to make a more powerful software.

it's easy to make a winning stategy if you have two success keys : orders and money management ...

MC 12 have already all internals informations, (see Log tab) just to need more sharing with Powerlangage, and the most important thing is to know witch order was attached with an event...

i can always find a workaround , hook api messages or Windows, but you will do better job than me, and for every customers.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 17 Jul 2018

Can users please please please review this stop order placement bug in MC12 when backtesting.

I've spent hours demonstrating it to MC and they are stonewalling me.

It is a very major bug indeed:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51323&p=129900#p129900

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Jul 2018

Hello Henry,

The treatment of order events is a big step, I read again my post on the subject and in 2015 you promised me a total management orders with MC 9.1.
With Multicharts order engine you have to maintain a true condition to maintain that order in the queue, right? how to do it if I do not know what order is on the market or reject? Easy when you have only one signal to follow more complex for many.

Henry I do not have a complaint, I already have 3 lifetimes licenses and ready to buy another, I always work to help your dev team to make a more powerful software.

it's easy to make a winning stategy if you have two success keys : orders and money management ...

MC 12 have already all internals informations, (see Log tab) just to need more sharing with Powerlangage, and the most important thing is to know witch order was attached with an event...

i can always find a workaround , hook api messages or Windows, but you will do better job than me, and for every customers.
We understand these limitations, but unfortunately at the moment we cannot provide any ETA for introducing the new backtesting/auto trading engine:
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-1497

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Jul 2018

Can users please please please review this stop order placement bug in MC12 when backtesting.

I've spent hours demonstrating it to MC and they are stonewalling me.

It is a very major bug indeed:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51323&p=129900#p129900
We are re-evaluating this matter.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 19 Jul 2018

Hello Henry,

We understand these limitations, but unfortunately at the moment we cannot provide any ETA for introducing the new backtesting/auto trading engine:
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-1497
Henry , i can't wait, but i don't need a complete new engine, only add the same logic event for 'Sending Order" and we will track every orders ...

like this :

vars: intrabarpersist MyStatusOrder(0), intrabarpersist StatusOrderSend(0);

StatusOrderSend=SendOrderAction; // Same logic than other Order Event

if StatusOrderSend <> 0 then // NEW SENDING ORDER
begin
if StatusOrderSend > 0 then // 1 = buy
begin
MyStatusOrder=1; // BUY IN QUEUE
mots=mots+"SENDING BUY";
end
else
begin
MyStatusOrder=2; // SELL IN QUEUE
mots=mots+"SENDING SELL";
end;
end;

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Jul 2018

Smoky, the current AT/BT engine does not support that and does not have this information, That is required to develop a new engine as specified above. If you want to discuss it or suggest something about it - please do that in the corresponding PM entry.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 27 Jul 2018

Hi,
Capture cqg settings.PNG
(30.69 KiB) Downloaded 3698 times
The highlighted needs replacing with the following:

"Convert stop orders intended for immediate execution to market/limit orders"

And drop the second option all together.

A stop order includes both stopmarket and stoplimit. The key part being "stop". All exchanges I trade on reject stop orders if their trigger price implies an immediate execution. Some brokers will make the conversion on their end before submitting to the exchange (if they do, then your broker isn't giving you DMA/Sponsored access).

I think there is some confusion from MC as to what a stop limit is. A stop limit is very similar to a stop market. "Market" means any price, for immediate execution. Note: CME don't technically permit market orders....instead the command "market" means send a limit order at the most extreme price allowed to maximise the probability of execution. "Limit" means specified price or better, BUT critcally is also intended for immediate execution, unless you miss the market and price is now worse than limit price. Ie both stopmarket and stoplimit mean: if triggered...send an aggressor, liquidity taking order. The limit version offers some protection at the risk of missing a fill, that's all. They are both trigger+aggressor orders. It is impossible to submit a stoplimit order as a trigger+passive order....it gets rejected..... limit price must be equal to or greater than trigger price.

The rejecting of a stop (market or limit) is only in relation to the trigger price. Therefore having these two boxes is redundant.

It is also very strange that the wording of the second option is so different to the first:

"Convert stop limit orders into limit orders if stop price is hit upon order placement"

Just drop that and change the first one to:

"Convert stop orders intended for immediate execution to market/limit orders"

Thanks.
Last edited by wilkinsw on 27 Jul 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Jul 2018

wilkinsw, thanks for your feedback. It has been forwarded to the dev team.

wilkinsw

I really like the new MC12 optimiser so far.

Great work with the improvements made to the incremental GA!! Incremental GA + customising crossovers + number of cores allocation = massive scalability and opens up the use of big servers for lots of parallel GAs.

Just a couple of small things.

You may have already noticed the spelling mistake:
spelling.PNG
(60.52 KiB) Downloaded 3691 times
I love the fact that optimisation settings (population and gen sizes) are now remembered. What would be even better is if the optimisation space (inputs and ranges) and also the population and gen sizes could be saved without having to start the optimisation first. Maybe add a save button or an exit button in addition to cancel. Sometimes i can spend 15min setting up an optimisation, start it, maybe have a MC or the computer crash and then have to respec the optimisation settings again from scratch, which is frustrating when it happens.

The "strategy info" popup in the optimisation report is a very cool addition too.

wilkinsw

Also where it says populations below, it should really say generations:
pop v gen.PNG
(36.88 KiB) Downloaded 3689 times

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 29 Jul 2018

reminder : My strategy orders (reversal order buy / sell market 1 contract) are not send to my broker IB. They don't have order ID they are not in order tab or in chart.

log tab was filled with warning messages:
MC12 Warning.PNG
(284.51 KiB) Downloaded 3669 times
I found this on IB API :
IB API WRNING.PNG
(238.37 KiB) Downloaded 3669 times
ok i change my setting to this :
Messages IB API Setup.PNG
(32 KiB) Downloaded 3669 times
Good no more warning but my orders still ignored by MC12 order engine.

i made lot of tests : on paper trading i run same stategy with same data and orders are on charts and order tab !

i made indicator with the same signal logic green and red dots are ploted on right place for buy and sell , signals run in same time but still not order on market !
my own orders log.PNG
(31.17 KiB) Downloaded 3669 times
My reverse buy orders start to be ignored at 10:06:08

Henry i email You my tradeserver logs, and some screenshoots to show you this issue.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 30 Jul 2018

Abour reverse orders You have this PM too:

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... ues/MC-662

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Aug 2018

You may have already noticed the spelling mistake
Also where it says populations below, it should really say generations
Thank you for noticing that. We will have it corrected.

Henry MultiСharts

reminder : My strategy orders (reversal order buy / sell market 1 contract) are not send to my broker IB. They don't have order ID they are not in order tab or in chart.
Please provide the information I have requested and continue the communication via email.

Henry MultiСharts

Abour reverse orders You have this PM too:

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... ues/MC-662
I have updated this PM entry.

Return to “MultiCharts”