Scanner - show more than 1 resolution on a single line?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
synonym

Scanner - show more than 1 resolution on a single line?

Postby synonym » 28 Jun 2018

Hi All

Just contacted MC Live chat and it seems that there is no way to display indicator values for two different resolutions on one line in a scanner window. I can't believe it. :shock: It's a such a fundamental requirement.

The neatest solution seems to be to duplicate (or more, if you want more) symbols with different resolutions for each row to show the same indicator each row. This really doesn't seem workable, e.g. say 5 indicators across 3 resolutions across 50 symbols...super messy.

I'd be really interested in how others have worked around this? Different scanner workspaces for each resolution seems possible, but inconvenient.

Look forward to hearing other creativity.
Syn

darob

Re: Scanner - show more than 1 resolution on a single line?

Postby darob » 28 Jun 2018

Not a great solution but maybe choose one resolution and for the others apply the indicator a 2nd (3rd etc) time with inputs adjusted by a factor correlating to your desired resolution.

synonym

Postby synonym » 29 Jun 2018

Hi Darob,

You mean e.g. if want daily, weekly values in a row, plot the indicator twice, but in the code for the weekly, put 5 bars? I was wondering that myself, need to test to see if it will reliably return the correct values.

Cheers
Syn

synonym

Postby synonym » 29 Jun 2018

I've also found the "sort" function. So you could duplicate symbol rows for the required resolutions and then sort by resolution then by indicator value, and so split the watchlist into the various resolutions and rank within those resolutions. I suppose dthat would work and not be too onerous to work with.

Return to “MultiCharts”