Hiding Chart Trader Lines  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Hiding Chart Trader Lines

Postby bowlesj3 » 20 Jul 2018

Hi,

I opened a live trade using the chart trader in the one minute bars. I wanted to see the various order lines in the 5 minute bars for a while so I opened up the chart trader in the 5 minute bars. Once I satisfied my curiosity I closed down the chart trader in the 5 minute bars but the line still stayed there. How might I get the lines to be removed from the 5 minute bars while having them remain in the 1 minute bars. Is it possible. I remember reading some chart trader parameters for this but I can't remember how to get to it.

Thanks,
John

sptrader

Re: Hiding Chart Trader Lines

Postby sptrader » 20 Jul 2018

In the center of the chart trader panel (right side) , "right click" on the small section between the two large verticle chart trader panels, then select "Format chart trader", a list of options will appear, chose what you want there.

bowlesj3

Re: Hiding Chart Trader Lines  [SOLVED]

Postby bowlesj3 » 20 Jul 2018

Thanks SPTrader. I am out of the trade now. Next time I am in a trade I will see if I can control showing the order lines differently for different charts.

Even if it effects all charts the same, being able to toggle the lines off and on will be helpful. I searched for a shortcut key for this but could not find one.

bowlesj3

Re: Hiding Chart Trader Lines

Postby bowlesj3 » 24 Aug 2018

It took a while but I finally got around to trying this and it worked.

So the current order shows the chart trader panel in the 1 minute bars and the various lines as I want them. At the same time I was getting the lines in the 5 minute bars which I don't want. This occurred even though I had closed the 5 minute bar panel about the time this thread was started. So I opened the panel on the 5 minute bars and made the changes in the chart trader preferences to hide the lines and it worked. The 5 minute bar chart is cleared up.

Return to “MultiCharts”