CQG weekend update causing order mapping, routing and realtime data issues: WebAPI 2.25 - Release 1.3

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
wilkinsw

CQG weekend update causing order mapping, routing and realtime data issues: WebAPI 2.25 - Release 1.3

Postby wilkinsw » 29 Jul 2018

Anyone else experience issues this evening.

CQG have just deployed an update to their Web API. Users may immediately see that they can't map a new symbol and route orders to newly added symbols neither.

On restart I also found I could no longer pull CQG RT data.

Not sure what's going on. Have bombarded CQG with emails and awaiting a response.

Stormy

Re: CQG weekend update causing order mapping, routing and realtime data issues: WebAPI 2.25 - Release 1.3

Postby Stormy » 29 Jul 2018

Yes, I am also unable to receive any data from CQG this evening. Status connected, but no data.

CrazyNasdaq

Re: CQG weekend update causing order mapping, routing and realtime data issues: WebAPI 2.25 - Release 1.3

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 30 Jul 2018

I've the same problem. all my CQG symbols are in "connecting mode". No real time data or historical data for any market

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 30 Jul 2018

It seems to be solved. Now, on my side, everything it is working perfectly

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 30 Jul 2018

This is the reply ive had:

"there was a change instituted over the weekend which moved from a single digit year to a two digit year. The impact was unexpected and we rolled the change back to allow both formats early this morning."

What's scary is that I reported the issue 2 hours before the markets even opened, last night. But the appropiate technical support was not around to fix it. Deploying a change and not being to hand to sort issues.....................bad move by cqg.

wilkinsw

CQG update in 2 weeks time will cause outage again: WebAPI 2.25 - Release 1.3

Postby wilkinsw » 01 Aug 2018

Hi,

I've just been told by CQG that they are removing the legacy instrument format (that they readded on Monday morning to restore functionality for many of their users) in 2 weeks time. I'm waiting for an exact date.

As it currently stands users should expect to lose realtime data and order routing to newly added symbols in 2 weeks

Multicharts: how long will it take to create a hotfix for this please?

Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Aug 2018

wilkinsw, we are already working on adding the support for the new format. The fix will become available as soon as it is ready, before the changes are done on CQG end.

Return to “MultiCharts”