MC 12 -- Abnormal Charts (ASCII database)

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
benho

MC 12 -- Abnormal Charts (ASCII database)

Postby benho » 10 Aug 2018

Hi there,

I just upgrade my MC11 to MC 12. However there are something strange with some of my charts using ASCII data source:

Data source: csv text file, mapped in QM
The csv files are updated every 5 mins by external programs. No new lines are appended but the prices/volume information (last line) are updated until market closed. The chart resolution: 1day

Strange behavior:
1. The last bar is duplicated. For example, today is 10 Aug2018, there are two bars with date 10 Aug 2018.
2. In the previous version, the chart will update price as soon as the csv file price change. But now, the chart may or may not update it price.

I haven't made any change except upgrading MC from Release 11 to 12 this morning. Any hints to solve the problem ? By the way, can I roll back to the previous version ?

Thanks.
Ben.

sptrader

Re: MC 12 -- Abnormal Charts (ASCII database)

Postby sptrader » 10 Aug 2018

My daily charts don't have duplicate bars.
If you want to go back to MC11 it is easy to do, just run the MC12 installer again and it will give you the option to repair or REMOVE the current version. After selecting REMOVE, just complete the removal, then run the MC11 installer and proceed as usual. I've done that many times in the past when I had a beta version that didn't act right.

benho

Re: MC 12 -- Abnormal Charts (ASCII database)

Postby benho » 10 Aug 2018

I just re-installed MC11 again. However, some charts still show duplicated bars. It is so strange and I never notice this issue before.

PS.
I think I find the root cause for duplicated bars. It is because the session is not set correctly.
My daily charts don't have duplicate bars.
If you want to go back to MC11 it is easy to do, just run the MC12 installer again and it will give you the option to repair or REMOVE the current version. After selecting REMOVE, just complete the removal, then run the MC11 installer and proceed as usual. I've done that many times in the past when I had a beta version that didn't act right.

Return to “MultiCharts”