MULTICHARTS 12.0 RELEASE 2

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS 12.0 RELEASE 2

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Sep 2018

MultiCharts 12.0 Release 2 build 16868 is out now!
You can check the change log in our blog.
Go to download page

strelow

Re: MULTICHARTS 12.0 RELEASE 2

Postby strelow » 14 Sep 2018

Hello .

I´m trying to use command Arw_New and Text_new with Release 2 and Release 1 but is not working When I was using Beta Release was working.Using the same instrument and same study.
Attachments
MultiCharts64 Version 12.0 Release (Build 16868)_without_Arrow_Issue.JPG
(101.64 KiB) Downloaded 4784 times
MultiCharts64 Test Version 12.0 (Build 16374)_with_arrow_working.JPG
(113.74 KiB) Downloaded 4784 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 14 Sep 2018

Hello .

I´m trying to use command Arw_New and Text_new with Release 2 and Release 1 but is not working When I was using Beta Release was working.Using the same instrument and same study.
You need to post your codes if you need coding help.

strelow

Postby strelow » 14 Sep 2018

If the codes run in other release I dont think this is a code problem .I think could be a new bug.

Part of code :

Code: Select all

if time=1700 and (Today_Julian =Data_Idx_Julian- Alert_Antecendencia) then begin
Arw_SetColor(Arw_New (JulianToDate (Data_Idx_Julian),1700,L*0.98, false),AtenColor);
if Text_Arrow_ON=1 then
text_setcolor(Text_new(JulianToDate (Data_Idx_Julian),1700,L*0.93, Text(DEMOSTRA_ITR_1, Data_Idx," em:",Alert_Antecendencia:3:0,"D")),AtenColor);
end;

Jad

Postby Jad » 15 Sep 2018

I'm having problems installing 12.0 R2 on Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2012 R2.

On 2012 R2, I receive the attached 'Unknown Publisher' message. Selecting 'Run Anyway' does get to the next step but to be safe, I aborted at that point.
12-R2.GIF
(56.73 KiB) Downloaded 4742 times
On 2016, I don't get that far as nothing happens when I try to open the exe. I tried downloading it again - but it made no difference.

FWIW, 11.0 and 12.0 R1 installed without incident on both Servers

12.0 R2 does install on Windows 7 without any messages or issues during install. I pulled up some basic charts and all seemed to be OK there.

TJ

Postby TJ » 15 Sep 2018

I'm having problems installing 12.0 R2 on Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2012 R2.

On 2012 R2, I receive the attached 'Unknown Publisher' message. Selecting 'Run Anyway' does get to the next step but to be safe, I aborted at that point.
12-R2.GIF

On 2016, I don't get that far as nothing happens when I try to open the exe. I tried downloading it again - but it made no difference.

FWIW, 11.0 and 12.0 R1 installed without incident on both Servers

12.0 R2 does install on Windows 7 without any messages or issues during install. I pulled up some basic charts and all seemed to be OK there.

Windows treats ALL new installs as 'Unknown Publisher' .

Look at the line after 'Unknown Publisher'
Do you see the "Application"?
Do you recognize the application?
Do you trust MultiCharts?
Attachments
12-R2.GIF
(58.73 KiB) Downloaded 4729 times

Jad

Postby Jad » 15 Sep 2018

Windows treats ALL new installs as 'Unknown Publisher' .

Look at the line after 'Unknown Publisher'
Do you see the "Application"?
Do you recognize the application?
It does but it doesn't always display that message. In fact, with ALL the new installs I've ever done, I have never had that message appear.

Did you not recognize the relevance of "On 2016, I don't get that far as nothing happens when I try to open the exe " or
"FWIW, 11.0 and 12.0 R1 installed without incident on both Servers"? All new installs at the time - and on the same two machines BTW.

TJ

Postby TJ » 15 Sep 2018

It does but it doesn't always display that message. In fact, with ALL the new installs I've ever done, I have never had that message appear.

Have you done any Windows update?
Microsoft tightens the security continuously.
Please read and follow the instructions.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 15 Sep 2018

Just select 'Run Anyway', I've had to do that for several versions now.
It's not a problem or anything to worry about.

Meecc

Postby Meecc » 15 Sep 2018

Flush "Cached" Data Typo
Attachments
cached data.PNG
(5.22 KiB) Downloaded 4699 times

automaton

Postby automaton » 16 Sep 2018

Post by automaton » 11 Aug 2018
"Henry. The above usability improvement worked smoothly in regards to utilizing CTRL+S and CTRL+P keyboard shortcuts, but it seems to have inadvertently created a new issue that didn't exist in the previous versions. Some sort of key lock on this little GUI box will not allow you to key your way forward using ENTER, or even the TAB key to try to access it. It rejects it, sounding a ring. Mouse clicking does work though."
Capture.png
(28.23 KiB) Downloaded 4697 times
Post by Henry MultiСharts » 13 Aug 2018
"automaton, thanks for letting us know, we will have it corrected."

Hi Henry. Not sure if your team planned on deferring this fix to a future release, but just wanted to let you know that the issue still exists with the 2nd release of MC 12.0. Take care bud

Jad

Postby Jad » 16 Sep 2018

1.Have you done any Windows update?
2.Microsoft tightens the security continuously.
3.Please read and follow the instructions.
Thank you. I guess that’s a slight improvement over your usual patronizing drivel of which your previous reply was a prime example.

1. Yes but Server 2016 performs updates and reboots automatically within a 12 hour window anyway.
2. I know
3. What instructions? You still haven't recognized the relevance of what I wrote about WS 2016 doing nothing when I run the .exe.

So, rather than being so keen to jump in with an incorrect assumption that I didn’t recognize the meaning of what was written on my screen, maybe you should pay more attention to the significance of what's written on yours.

I also realize that the .exe may be blocked because WS Server often blocks .exe files downloaded from the net but the unblock option only appears if the .exe is blocked. None of these releases (or any previous ones) showed that option on either Server– even Release 2.

I am beyond surprised that you would so readily assume that informational text displayed on the screen can be relied upon to give the full picture.

We’ve seen a good example of this recently, here on the forum:
i.e. “Enable indicator status switch in a status line of a chart”

So, it turned out that a setting, which only states that it displays an indicator's switch in the top section of a chart does also change (supposedly 'by design') a completely different effect that a checkbox will have in a lower part of that chart - and which is unrelated to anything described in the text of that option. And then, someone who wasn’t sure what it was that actually got the desired result when he took a flyer and unchecked everything, was described as 'an explanation' of that supposed design?

Is it possible to torture the meaning of a language’s words any more than that?

Microsoft is not exempt. Almost every error message it issues, can have a multitude of causes – many of which have no relation to the text displayed.

FYI, I didn’t post my observations during the attempt to install Release 2 because I wanted to know how to install it. I already stated that I was able to select the ‘Run Anyway’ option on the 2012 Server - and that it proceeded. I’m also pretty sure that I could also get it installed on the 2016 Server with a few commands using an elevated Power Shell screen.

I was only reporting something that happened (on 2 Servers) with Release 2 that has never happened before with any Release. It might be nothing or it might be specific to WS Server 2016 (it does have some quirks) but it might also be an indication of a more serious problem with Release 2.
I don’t know exactly why this has happened on just this Release – and I’m even more sure that you don’t.

It may have escaped your notice that MC 12.0 has caused some people a few problems. Until now, I’ve been fortunate and haven’t experienced any but I thought it would be a good idea to report what did happen.

Is that OK with you for me to do that? Please let me know if it isn’t.
Last edited by Jad on 16 Sep 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Jad

Postby Jad » 16 Sep 2018

Just select 'Run Anyway', I've had to do that for several versions now.
It's not a problem or anything to worry about.
Thanks. That message and option only appears on the 2012 Server. If that had been the only problem with installing Release2, I probabaly wouldn't have mentioned it. However, I did point out that I don't even get as far as receiving that option on the 2016 Server.

It may be blocked due to being downloaded from the net (but then all previous versions have been too) and there is no 'Unblock' button which always (and only) appears when a .exe has been blocked.

I know how to try and force it to install when the Unblock option is not visible using PowerShell but in light of 12.0 being less than perfect, the sequence of events I experienced was unusual enough for me to think it worth reporting.

I had no idea it wouldn't be.

TJ

Postby TJ » 16 Sep 2018

1.Have you done any Windows update?
2.Microsoft tightens the security continuously.
3.Please read and follow the instructions.
. . .

It may have escaped your notice that MC 12.0 has caused some people a few problems. Until now, I’ve been fortunate and haven’t experienced any but I thought it would be a good idea to report what did happen.

Is that OK with you for me to do that? Please let me know if it isn’t.

If you stay focus on your question
you might see my answer,

You seem very emotional right now.
Blaming MC for ALL the problem is going to make you more frustrated.

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 16 Sep 2018

Just installed MC12r2 on Windows Server 2016.

Everything normal.

Alex

kagein

Postby kagein » 16 Sep 2018

Just installed MC12r2 on Windows Server 2016.

Everything normal.

Alex
same

seneca

Postby seneca » 17 Sep 2018

I can't find the “Request Historical ticks directly from API” option in the IB data feed settings in Quote Manager. Product Version is 12.0.16868.400. Am I missing something?
QM_IB_datafeed.jpg
(55.91 KiB) Downloaded 4609 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Sep 2018

Post by automaton » 11 Aug 2018
"Henry. The above usability improvement worked smoothly in regards to utilizing CTRL+S and CTRL+P keyboard shortcuts, but it seems to have inadvertently created a new issue that didn't exist in the previous versions. Some sort of key lock on this little GUI box will not allow you to key your way forward using ENTER, or even the TAB key to try to access it. It rejects it, sounding a ring. Mouse clicking does work though."
Capture.png
Post by Henry MultiСharts » 13 Aug 2018
"automaton, thanks for letting us know, we will have it corrected."

Hi Henry. Not sure if your team planned on deferring this fix to a future release, but just wanted to let you know that the issue still exists with the 2nd release of MC 12.0. Take care bud
automaton, this fix is targeted to MultiCharts 12 Release 3.

Henry MultiСharts

Flush "Cached" Data Typo
Meecc, thanks for pointing that out. We will have it corrected.

Henry MultiСharts

If the codes run in other release I dont think this is a code problem .I think could be a new bug.
Part of code :

if time=1700 and (Today_Julian =Data_Idx_Julian- Alert_Antecendencia) then begin
Arw_SetColor(Arw_New (JulianToDate (Data_Idx_Julian),1700,L*0.98, false),AtenColor);
if Text_Arrow_ON=1 then
text_setcolor(Text_new(JulianToDate (Data_Idx_Julian),1700,L*0.93, Text(DEMOSTRA_ITR_1, Data_Idx," em:",Alert_Antecendencia:3:0,"D")),AtenColor);
end;
strelow, it still works ok on our end, using the code you have provided and the one I have posted in reply to your previous post on this matter:
comands : Arw_New ,Text_New not working
strelow, it works OK on our end. Please check your code.

if(mod(currentbar, 2) = 0) then text_new(date, time, high, "bar") else arw_new(date, time, low, true);
Are you able to get the drawings created by our simple example?

Henry MultiСharts

I can't find the “Request Historical ticks directly from API” option in the IB data feed settings in Quote Manager. Product Version is 12.0.16868.400. Am I missing something?
seneca, we have reworked the Historical Data controls in the Interactive Brokers data feed settings since some of the users found them unclear. An individual option “Request Historical ticks directly from API” is no longer there, instead of it we have added radio buttons that should not leave any room for confusion. Build Tick-based Bars Using: 1 Tick = Request Historical ticks directly from API.

Henry MultiСharts

On 2016, I don't get that far as nothing happens when I try to open the exe. I tried downloading it again - but it made no difference
Please make sure your anti virus and firewall are disabled, close any applications running in the background, try changing the Path to the system Temp folder like described in the bottom part of this guide here. If this solution didn't help and you still have the issue-please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST for the remote assistance.

strelow

Postby strelow » 17 Sep 2018

Part of code :

if Text_Arrow_ON=1 then
end;
strelow, it still works ok on our end, using the code you have provided and the one I have posted in reply to your previous post on this matter:
comands : Arw_New ,Text_New not working
strelow, it works OK on our end. Please check your code.

if(mod(currentbar, 2) = 0) then text_new(date, time, high, "bar") else arw_new(date, time, low, true);
Are you able to get the drawings created by our simple example?

Hello.
I created small system that reproduce the issue. I will send to you run in your computer. I use instrument PETR4.SA from free Quotes.
Create a chart on (Build 16374) and include this study after make same procedure using (Build 16868)
I very interresting situation if a use MSFT instruments from same free Quotes works for both releases . I think the problem is something dont recognize this line "if Time=1700" for this new release and for beta release works.
Attachments
draw_Test.pla
(2.67 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
Draw_bug_MC12R2.JPG
(89.4 KiB) Downloaded 4538 times
Draw_OK_MC12_BETA.JPG
(89.07 KiB) Downloaded 4538 times

Henry MultiСharts

I created small system that reproduce the issue. I will send to you run in your computer. I use instrument PETR4.SA from free Quotes.
Create a chart on (Build 16374) and include this study after make same procedure using (Build 16868)
I very interresting situation if a use MSFT instruments from same free Quotes works for both releases . I think the problem is something dont recognize this line "if Time=1700" for this new release and for beta release works.
strelow, you need to configure the sessions the same way in both platforms you are running. Go to Format->Instrument->Settings tab->check which Session is selected for the chart.
If it is set to "Default" then go to MultiCharts->File->New->QuoteManager window->double click on the symbol you need->Sessions tab->you can modify the session time here. Copy/paste your existing chart or create a new one to apply the changes in session settings.
If a custom session template is used go to MultiCharts->File->New->QuoteManager window->Tools->Session templates.
If Exchange sessions are used go to MultiCharts->File->New->QuoteManager window->Tools->Exchanges and ECNs.

strelow

Postby strelow » 17 Sep 2018

Hello Henry

Now is working thank your support.The problem was Exchanges and ECNs .

Thanks.

mickatrade

Postby mickatrade » 18 Sep 2018

Hello,
I'd like to know if you'll add fxcm broker and datafeed in the next months .
The new API is available.
https://www.fxcm.com/uk/algorithmic-tra ... i-trading/
Thx,
MJ

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Sep 2018

Hello,
I'd like to know if you'll add fxcm broker and datafeed in the next months .
The new API is available.
https://www.fxcm.com/uk/algorithmic-tra ... i-trading/
Thx,
MJ
mickatrade, this is something we are going to add in one of the future versions.

mickatrade

Postby mickatrade » 20 Sep 2018

That s good news.
Do you have an ETA?
Thx
MJ

kagein

Postby kagein » 20 Sep 2018

I found an issue, would like if someone else can confirm. When applying input combinations to a chart from the Strategy Optimization Report, the input values occupy the wrong inputs.

Example
I optimise inputs say: rsi , overbought, oversold and the highest net profit occurs at 14 , 70 , 30 respectively. Applied to a strategy with additional inputs, rsi is left with the default value, whilst overbought and oversold inputs have value of 14 and 70 respectively.

karlrb

Postby karlrb » 21 Sep 2018

Only me got the problem about the performance graph of portfolio trade is not showing correct data. I have tried to reproduce the issue on a fresh install computer. version: 12.0.16868.400.
pt_mc12.png
(102.26 KiB) Downloaded 4316 times

ke45

Postby ke45 » 21 Sep 2018

I found two issues with new Kase Bar implementation. First, when building Kase Bars from minute data the realtime calculation will differ from bars that are build from historical data. Please have a look at the two charts, both have the same settings and data source, the right chart is calculated in realtime, while the left chart is the result after new loading from historical data:
Image http://prntscr.com/kx2qnu
The left chart looks correct, while the right chart (realtime calculation) has some strange overlapping of bars?

The second issue with Kase Bars is, I am missing the Kase template in Custom Resolutions Manager?

Thank you for your support!

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Sep 2018

I found an issue, would like if someone else can confirm. When applying input combinations to a chart from the Strategy Optimization Report, the input values occupy the wrong inputs.

Example
I optimise inputs say: rsi , overbought, oversold and the highest net profit occurs at 14 , 70 , 30 respectively. Applied to a strategy with additional inputs, rsi is left with the default value, whilst overbought and oversold inputs have value of 14 and 70 respectively.
kagein, we were unable to replicate this behavior on our end. If it happens on your end on a constant basis or you have the specific steps leading to it - please specify the steps, or capture a video demonstrating it, or come to the live chat to demonstrate it remotely.

Henry MultiСharts

Only me got the problem about the performance graph of portfolio trade is not showing correct data. I have tried to reproduce the issue on a fresh install computer. version: 12.0.16868.400.
karlrb, thanks for reporting. We are currently analyzing this behavior.

Henry MultiСharts

That s good news.
Do you have an ETA?
Thx
MJ
mickatrade, based on our analysis, FXCM's REST API is not stable yet. We will get back to adding support for it when the known issues of this API are ironed out. We do not have any information when it is going to be fixed by FXCM.

Henry MultiСharts

I found two issues with new Kase Bar implementation. First, when building Kase Bars from minute data the realtime calculation will differ from bars that are build from historical data. Please have a look at the two charts, both have the same settings and data source, the right chart is calculated in realtime, while the left chart is the result after new loading from historical data:
Image http://prntscr.com/kx2qnu
The left chart looks correct, while the right chart (realtime calculation) has some strange overlapping of bars?
ke45, thanks for reporting. We are going to have that fixed in the next update.
The second issue with Kase Bars is, I am missing the Kase template in Custom Resolutions Manager? Thank you for your support!
We do not disclose the source code of our Kase bars implementation.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 26 Sep 2018

all functions "Accounts and Positions" seem to be buggy.

I try :

Profit= GetPositionOpenPL(ContractName,AccountName);
NbShares= GetPositionQuantity(ContractName,AccountName);
Equity= GetRTAccountEquity(AccountName);
Equity= GetRTAccountEquity("A340747");
all return error code
Unknow Function.PNG
(2.8 KiB) Downloaded 4118 times
maybe i miss something...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Sep 2018

all functions "Accounts and Positions" seem to be buggy. I try :

Profit= GetPositionOpenPL(ContractName,AccountName);
NbShares= GetPositionQuantity(ContractName,AccountName);
Equity= GetRTAccountEquity(AccountName);
Equity= GetRTAccountEquity("A340747");
all return error code maybe i miss something...
Smoky, there are no outstanding issues with the "Accounts and Positions" functions. The code you have provided is compiled without errors on our end. Please check your code.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 27 Sep 2018

Hi Henry,

sorry it's compilation error

here you will find simple code to try
getpositionopenpl.pla
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
my error when compile
GetPositionOpenPL.PNG
(19.03 KiB) Downloaded 4096 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 27 Sep 2018

@smoky -- is that your IB account number?

ps. just checking to make sure you are not posting the real thing.

Smoky

@ TJ,

not my account, just to try to compile this code.

can try wit "DU380747" same error.

thanks to take care of this ...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Sep 2018

Hi Henry, sorry it's compilation error here you will find simple code to try getpositionopenpl.pla my error when compile
Smoky, you don't have the prebuild GetPositionOpenPL function in your editor anymore. This is clearly stated in the errors and you can see that the function name is grayed out in the code. Please find this function attached. Import it and compile your code.
Attachments
getpositionopenpl.pla
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 455 times

Smoky

hi Henry,

As you can see now it's working, good.

Please can you do the same thing for all other functions in grey ?
Accounts and positions.PNG
(63.53 KiB) Downloaded 4057 times

Many thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Sep 2018

hi Henry,As you can see now it's working, good.Please can you do the same thing for all other functions in grey ?Many thanks
Smoky, you can find all prebuilt studies in the MultiCharts application folder (right click on the MC shortcut –> Properties –> "Shortcut" tab –> click "Open file location"). Run the all_studies.exe file, it will unpack the sef file with all studies that you can import.

SP

Postby SP » 02 Oct 2018

Since yesterday i get the error message on the QM that the TWS is out of date. If have the latest TWS Build 973.2h, Sep 25, 2018 12:05:32 PM installed.

It happens on a Volume delta NQ chart with "Loading Tick Data" showing in the background.
capture_001_02102018_152431.jpg
(45.8 KiB) Downloaded 3927 times
These are the settings at the QM. Does the "Build Tick-based Bars Using : " need to be changed to 1 Second from 1 Tick ?

capture_002_02102018_153042.jpg
(42.21 KiB) Downloaded 3924 times

SP

Postby SP » 02 Oct 2018

Selecting 1 Second for "Build Tick-based Bars Using : " and a restart seems to solve the problem, the error messages are gone and the charts now load completely.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Oct 2018

Since yesterday i get the error message on the QM that the TWS is out of date. If have the latest TWS Build 973.2h, Sep 25, 2018 12:05:32 PM installed.
SP, this issue will be fixed in MultiCharts 12 Release 3. You need to add 127.0.0.1 to Trusted IP Addresses or check the "Allow connections from localhost only" box in IB TWS -> Configure -> API -> Settings, as a workaround.
"Build Tick-based Bars Using" is not related to this error message.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 03 Oct 2018

ISSUE MC12 close existing order on your broker account when closing chart.

VERY simple to reproduce.

Open a chart and link it to your broker account, this chart don't have any strategy and you can see your order price and qty ok, all is good.
CHART OPEN ON IB ACCOUNT WITH PENDING ORDER.PNG
(60.52 KiB) Downloaded 3893 times
Close the chart, and then MC12 send order to close your position ...

You will see those closing order on MC12 side and on TWS side.
ORDER SEND TO TWS.PNG
(73.42 KiB) Downloaded 3893 times
can't find workaround...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Oct 2018

ISSUE MC12 close existing order on your broker account when closing chart.
VERY simple to reproduce.
Open a chart and link it to your broker account, this chart don't have any strategy and you can see your order price and qty ok, all is good.
Close the chart, and then MC12 send order to close your position ...
You will see those closing order on MC12 side and on TWS side.
can't find workaround...
Smoky, please send us the logs via MultiCharts->Help tab->Feedback (or Windows Start menu->All programs->MultiCharts64->Feedback) for analysis.
In the Description field specify the Broker Order ID in question (Order and Position Tracker window->Orders tab.
Select two options:
- Attach log files to help us understand what happened
- Upload collected data to Help Desk.
Uncheck the other options as we do not need them right now.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Oct 2018

Example
kagein, we were unable to replicate this behavior on our end. If it happens on your end on a constant basis or you have the specific steps leading to it - please specify the steps, or capture a video demonstrating it, or come to the live chat to demonstrate it remotely.
This issue will be fixed in MC 12 Release 3.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 03 Oct 2018

Hi Henri,

maybe i found something, with this setup, maybe MC close all position without stategy on chart...
with IB client ID=0 MC have to make difference between outside orders (TWS) and orders made by MC stategy.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Oct 2018

Hi Henri,maybe i found something, with this setup, maybe MC close all position without stategy on chart...with IB client ID=0 MC have to make difference between outside orders (TWS) and orders made by MC stategy.
Smoky, this option is applicable to the auto trading only. Please send us the logs as requested above or come to the live chat to demonstrate this behavior remotely.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Oct 2018

Return to “MultiCharts”