Memory Monitor MADNESS STOP IT!

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Mark Brown

Memory Monitor MADNESS STOP IT!

Postby Mark Brown » 22 Sep 2018

Getting really sick and tired of GDI objects limit.

At least have a option to hid the stupid thing or select the position of the alert box. I have two monitors and it keeps popping up on the monitor that I don't even have MC running on.

hughesfleming

Re: Memory Monitor MADNESS STOP IT!

Postby hughesfleming » 22 Sep 2018

Hi Mark,

You can open another instance of Multicharts. I don't think recent builds are any different from older ones. The limit comes from Windows itself so there is probably little that can be done. I have run into this limitation many times. You can workaround most GDI issues by spreading heavy workspaces on different instances.

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 22 Sep 2018

it's the pop up box and it's location and frequency of popping up that are driving me nuts. even stupid ts doesn't have this, i only see this now with later versions of mc.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 25 Sep 2018

My understanding is that it was added to prevent an issue in MC where too many GDI objects caused instability.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Sep 2018

Mark Brown,

The new warning message about reaching the GDI and User objects limits was added in MultiCharts 12 Release 2. The popup appears on your Main screen (OS settings), disregard MultiCharts main window position.

As wilkinsw mentioned above:
My understanding is that it was added to prevent an issue in MC where too many GDI objects caused instability.
And hughesfleming explained the reason for it and suggested the right thing:
You can open another instance of Multicharts. I don't think recent builds are any different from older ones. The limit comes from Windows itself so there is probably little that can be done. I have run into this limitation many times. You can workaround most GDI issues by spreading heavy workspaces on different instances.

Return to “MultiCharts”