Automatic Optimization of multiple symbols

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
albevier

Automatic Optimization of multiple symbols

Postby albevier » 03 Oct 2018

OK, I think the following can be done but before I start to beat my head against a bunch of code and debug I figured a reality check is in order.

I use optimization and back testing as a final step in screening symbols for compatibility with my trading personality. I wish to optimize multiple symbols, each symbol by itself, using the same strategy for all of the symbols, and receive an Optimization Report for each symbol. Right now I do this manually -- run a symbol, save the Optimization Report, move the next symbol and repeat.

The objective is to automate the process -- i.e. let the optimization process run by itself over night and in the morning have an "Optimization Report" for each symbol. SuperCharts could do did this.

So... REALITY CHECK. Can MC already do what I want? Has anyone coded up what I want to do? How you would approach accomplishing the above -- from the East, West, North, or South?

Oh.... MultiCharts64 Version 11.0 Release (Build 15808)

sptrader

Re: Automatic Optimization of multiple symbols

Postby sptrader » 03 Oct 2018

OK, I think the following can be done but before I start to beat my head against a bunch of code and debug I figured a reality check is in order.

I use optimization and back testing as a final step in screening symbols for compatibility with my trading personality. I wish to optimize multiple symbols, each symbol by itself, using the same strategy for all of the symbols, and receive an Optimization Report for each symbol. Right now I do this manually -- run a symbol, save the Optimization Report, move the next symbol and repeat.

The objective is to automate the process -- i.e. let the optimization process run by itself over night and in the morning have an "Optimization Report" for each symbol. SuperCharts could do did this.

So... REALITY CHECK. Can MC already do what I want? Has anyone coded up what I want to do? How you would approach accomplishing the above -- from the East, West, North, or South?

Oh.... MultiCharts64 Version 11.0 Release (Build 15808)
Not sure if MC can do it but if not, you may want to look at Keyboard Macros, they could do it for sure.

Zheka

Re: Automatic Optimization of multiple symbols

Postby Zheka » 04 Oct 2018

You could achieve this by:
1) setting up the symbol list in Portfolio Trader
2) adding a small block of code (or a separate signal) to write to a file the performance metrics you need

Return to “MultiCharts”