Order errors on oanda  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Erik Pepping

Order errors on oanda

Postby Erik Pepping » 15 Oct 2018

i'm using multicharts 12 release 3.
usng oanda as broker on demo account

When i try to enter a buy or sell order via the chart trafer i'm getting the following error:

Instrument: Germany 30; Order: Buy Market 1; Status: Rejected; Reason: Invalid Market order parameters: Buy 1 Germany 30 @ 0.000000 for account RSI 1 DAY PROFIT

I'm trying buy market.

For trying buy ask i get:

Instrument: Germany 30; Order: Buy Limit 1; Status: Rejected; Reason: Invalid Limit order parameters: Buy 1 Germany 30 @ 11462.700000 for account RSI 1 DAY PROFIT

What can be wrong ?

Cypress

Re: Order errors on oanda

Postby Cypress » 15 Oct 2018

Are you a new OANDA's european customer ?
If that`s the case, the answer is: last December OANDA Europe decided don't admit orders from 3rd party trading platforms arguing false excuses about they are not regulated in Europe.
More details in those threads:
- viewtopic.php?t=51269
- viewtopic.php?t=51581

Erik Pepping

Postby Erik Pepping » 15 Oct 2018

MT4 works.....

Cypress

Postby Cypress » 15 Oct 2018

MT4 is not a 3rd party trading platform. OANDA has his own version.

Erik Pepping

Postby Erik Pepping » 17 Oct 2018

I spoker to my oanda respresentative. You need a personal API token.
We need to be able to put this into the OAND rest api.
I have a token, but I: can not enter it. It is linked to your account.
It is documented.
From the docs :

With your personal access token, you can go directly to our Developer Portal and check out the development guide to understand:

The different environments
Request limitations
Supported programming languages, and more

Test

Learn how to use your personal access token for our v20 platform through the v20 Developer Portal or our Legacy platform through the Legacy Developer Portal :

Select the appropriate environment (fxTrade or fxTrade Practice)
Choose an API method (e.g. https://api-fxpractice.oanda.com/v1/instruments)
Select the Headers tab and paste your personal token in the “Bearer XXXXXXXX-YYYYYYYYY” field
Replace the ‘XXXXXXXX-YYYYYYYYY’ with your token

When you select ‘Send,’ the API will gather the information you requested and will return the results to you in JSON format.
Build

After successfully testing out the API, use the sample code we’ve provided on the Developer Portal to help you start building your strategies with the API. Each sample code comes with instructions and comments. Please note, you will need your personal token and account ID (see above).
Automate

Once you’re happy with the code you’ve built, deploy and monitor your strategies as they execute automatically.

Hemmo

Postby Hemmo » 18 Oct 2018

I too am using OANDA for CFD trading on MC 12, Release 3.
I was also receiving the same error message wherein the instrument to be traded was showing 0.000000 in the execution error message.
In getting prepared for the phasing out of the V1 legacy accounts, I changed the settings in MC to V20, however, I later discovered that I hadn't made the changes in all of the necessary areas in MultiCharts.

I went to the QuoteManager app, Tools menu, Data Sources, selected OANDA, clicked Settings. Here, I changed the Trading Interface to "REST-v20". Saved and exited the app.

In the MC platform, I had to be sure that I had chosen a V20 account when logging into MC.

In the MultiCharts File menu, go to "Broker Profiles", then "Manage Broker Profiles": OANDA, Edit, be sure to select the right type of account ... FxTrade Practice if on a demo account.

On the chart for the CFD instrument, I went to the trading window and I selected the V20 account number (for some reason this hadn't changed even though I selected the V20 account at the MC login screen). Note, each time log back into MC, it has now saved the correct account number in the chart trading window.

It was only after I had all areas configured consistently that I could trade without the "0.00000000" error appearing.

Let me know if you need the details for automated trading.

Erik Pepping

Postby Erik Pepping » 18 Oct 2018

I did all the necessary steps. following your advise. I:t stil send amount 00000,
So it still does not work.

I made the V20 changes logged in each time made sure everything was in sync.

Still no result.
So manual order entry still not possible.

Still the message:

Instrument: US Wall St 30; Order: Buy Market 1; Status: Rejected; Reason: Invalid Market order parameters: Buy 1 US Wall St 30 @ 0.000000 for account RSI 1 DAY PROFIT

Still the @0000000
Which does not seem to be correct.

Multicharts support ? Please help. Order must be the wrong thing.

Cypress

Postby Cypress » 18 Oct 2018

Erik:
1 - Hemmo is located in Australia, not Europe, so it has no problem to trade by Multicharts. Do you have account in OANDA divisions Australia, Canada, Japan or Asia Pacific?.

2 - I think the personal API token may be necessary to use the applications or samples developed for OANDA API (Javascript, Python and Java officially supported), but I don't see how that can be related or solve the Multicharts issue.
From OANDA's web:
- A personal access token can be used to access your account through the OANDA API.
- v20 trading engine ..... currently the following platforms are supported - fxTrade (Desktop, iOS and Android apps), MT4 Windows terminal, and OANDA API. We will announce details of partner platforms as they become available.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Oct 2018

Hello Erik,

As Cypress has already specified above - OANDA has restricted API trade execution from 3rd party platforms for the European residents registered under OANDA Europe Limited to conform the MIFID 2 regulations. If you are with OANDA Europe then it is applicable to your account. You can use OANDA for charting, but not for order execution. You can configure the symbol mapping from OANDA data to any of the supported brokers:
https://www.multicharts.com/features/brokers/
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... ol_Mapping
If your country of residence is not in Europe you may be able to move from OANDA Europe Limited to one of the other OANDA subsidiaries.
We are not adding any restrictions from our end.

Our OANDA plugin implementation automatically receives and utilizes the personal API token. No extra actions are required from the user's side.
The only thing you need to do is to configure the connection correctly.
You need to know your main OANDA account type – it can be v1 or v20.
Depending on the account type you need to select the corresponding API (v1 or v20) type in the data feed settings:
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... .php/OANDA
Once data feed is configured – please setup the broker connection:
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... er_Profile

Hemmo

Postby Hemmo » 19 Oct 2018

And just a courteous reminder for the Aussie account holders that OANDA Australia is about to switch off access to the V1 legacy accounts by converting all existing V1 accounts to V20 accounts. Note, the OANDA Australia representative mentioned that this is the case for both fxTrade Practice (demo accounts) and FxTrade live accounts. This was the reason for my recent change to the MC settings (refer to the post shown above).

alex.w

Postby alex.w » 23 Jan 2020

Hello,
and what about the possibility to trade via oanda v20 mt4 through multicharts? It works fine with primary v20 account but not with v20 mt4. Just registered with them demo account (USA devision). Maybe you have some suggestions

alex.w

Re: Order errors on oanda  [SOLVED]

Postby alex.w » 23 Jan 2020

Hello,
and what about the possibility to trade via oanda v20 mt4 through multicharts? It works fine with primary v20 account but not with v20 mt4. Just registered with them demo account (USA devision). Maybe you have some suggestions
Sorry, it was my mistake. Everything works perfectly, forgot that balance was 0$... :D

Return to “MultiCharts”