IQFeed 4.4.0.3 Compatibility

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mojotrader

IQFeed 4.4.0.3 Compatibility

Postby mojotrader » 20 May 2008

Has MC been tested/certified on latest IQFeed API?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 May 2008

Hi mojotrader,

We haven't tested MC with IQFeed 4.0.0.3 It should work. But our engineers will run the necessary tests tomorrow.

Regards.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 27 May 2008

How did the testing go?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 May 2008

Hi Geoff,

MultiCharts works with IQFeed 4.4.0.3

Regards.

itai007

dosnt work. cant get any data.

Postby itai007 » 28 May 2008

Uninstalled and reinstalled pre verssion and now it dose work

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 28 May 2008

Let me know if there are any issues.

Regards.

itai007

There where yesterday after install

Postby itai007 » 28 May 2008

I complitly removed all related components and saved the new verssion in another folder than the pre verssion.
Installed again and today works allthough take a long long time to load charts

denizen2

Postby denizen2 » 28 May 2008

Let me know if there are any issues.

Regards.
I just started having trouble this morning with my charts NOT loading. I am using the IQFeed data service (my subscription changed to "delayed", not real-time, mode a few weeks ago). I just checked with the DTN IQFeed support and we did diagnostic testing, and all test indicated my connection for the data service was working ok...just a little slow they said.

Any clue what is preventing my charts from loading....it just says waiting for data.... and the QM windows shows IQFeed messages, but I don't see much data being downloaded.? :(

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 May 2008

Hi denizen2,

Please contact our customer support representatives at http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

The customer support hours are 6:30 am - 4:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday.

Regards.

denizen2

Postby denizen2 » 29 May 2008

Hi denizen2,

Please contact our customer support representatives at http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

The customer support hours are 6:30 am - 4:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday.

Regards.
I contacted tssupport this morning, after which we had a 'remote session' to my desktop to confirm and investigate the problem further. During this session the issue of 'waiting for data' to be loaded continued to manifest itself, and log files were uploaded to your support team to investigate further :) .

After that session was finished I turned off the computer :roll: and then later turned it back on about 5 hours later. Now my existing workspace/charts loaded normally again.........mmmmmm :shock:

I would suggest that the new information (of 'now working' condition) should be passed on to who ever is investigating the log files that were uploaded this morning, right?

Here is something else that should, I suspect, be included in this current effort to 'fix' the 'bug': This same 'data management' behavior was reported in these forums one year ago when I was using eSignal, instead of DTN IQFeed for all of my data. Both then and now, there seems to be an issue with the communication (or synchronization?) between the Data Server module and the Charting module, AND this mishavior seems to occur most often just after a market weekend (or holiday?, e.g., Memorial Day on last Monday).

Here is why I think the 'problem' is NOT an issue about waiting for the data from the data vendor: I switched to the Offline (Local) data server this morning (before my remote session with the tssupport staff), and I could then load the chart(s) ok, AND the data was within a few minutes of being current data (for 30 minute resolution charts). That tells me the data was already in the cache (database), right? But then when I switched back to 'online' mode and checked the box to 'refill' or 'backfill' any missing data, then the chart would indicate that it is first connecting with History and then RT data, and then finally (after a few seconds) would report "waiting for data" :? . The question, it seems to me, is WHY should it be asking and waiting for data that it ALREADY has in the cache, but does not even display?? :roll:

It might be significant to note that the 'issue' seems to go away when at least one full-day's data session has passed after the weekend/holiday period, before the two modules are 'resynced' again :twisted: . This situation may be dependent somehow on what each user defines as a data 'Session', and whether he/she uses local time vs exchange time?

I don't really know, of coarse, but it does look like that 'old/resolved' problem-issue of unnecessaryly waiting for data (that never arrives) is still with us :P . In any case, it is VERY frustrating, right?

Cheers,
denizen2

Return to “MultiCharts”