MT - MC Bridge

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
c0ntango

MT - MC Bridge

Postby c0ntango » 22 Nov 2018

Hello Everyone,

I've seen many forum posts all over the place about the subject of a MT-MC bridge including some on this forum, but no clear-cut solution or product out there - other than Smoky saying he has one but doesn't seem to be able to offer it as a product at this moment.

I need your help and feedback on this please - what do you think is the best easiest simplest and safest way to use MT to execute trades that are normally "executed" in MC - including position management and everything?

This is assuming one doesn't necessarily want to code the darn thing from scratch.

Seriously - is there anyone out there who has a good and ready-made solution to this?

If not then I'd be happy to partner up and create one and already have a simple schematic on how to do it in mind - but I'd only have time to do the EL side of whatever is required.

Please advise!

-Ben

c0ntango

Re: MT - MC Bridge

Postby c0ntango » 23 Nov 2018

Hey everybody,

The post got 23 views within 12 hours - clearly, there's a lot of demand on this.

Also clearly - there's no apparent solution to it as of this moment, otherwise (hopefully) there would be some response to it.

Now, I have no other option but to figure this out once and for all. If it requires an investment, I will make the investment.

If you're also interested, you have two options:

#1 If you know MQL, partner up with me on it. I'll code the EL part, you do the MQL part, we'll create the architecture for it together. It shouldn't be super complex, I imagine we'll be done in 2-3 weeks, and we'll have it.

#2 If you don't want to do that but you're really interested, we can pool our resources together and share the investment equally. I don't think it's going to be a large one in the first place as this shouldn't be so difficult to do.

PM me if you want to join on ground zero - the more the merrier. We'll make a skype group, I'll draft the specification, we can go back-and-forth on it and hire an outsourcer to write the code.

On the same note if you know an experienced MQL developer an introduction would be much appreciated.

Hope to hear from you.

-Ben

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 23 Nov 2018

You should take a look at sharedvar server. It is a dll and application that will allow you to exchange data with MT. I don't use it with MT but there are some instructions. I use it all the time for a number of other things.

All you would need to do is send your conditions to the sharedvar server and then bring them into MT. It works in real time. With some planning, it will probably do everything that you need.

c0ntango

Postby c0ntango » 23 Nov 2018

Thanks for the input, Hughes. Still looking for partners on this though. :)

wegi

Postby wegi » 28 Nov 2018

Take a look at nj4x.com. I use this and it works fine.
But at least you need some c# / c++ skills, to push your orders from MC to nj4x.

Return to “MultiCharts”