Zoom out limit

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
alko

Zoom out limit

Postby alko » 23 Nov 2018

Hi all,
After either Windows upgrade or Multicharts upgrade, now I have a limit when zooming out on the chart. Now on 1 minute chart i get max about 15 days, while before there was pretty much no limit and zoom out was to several months. Is there an option switch where i can control it? I am on MC 12.0 and Windows 10 Pro (which was installed from the start and had no issues with zooming out before).

alko

Re: Zoom out limit

Postby alko » 23 Nov 2018

to clarify, I am talking about bar spacing and using CNTR + mouse roll to change it

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Zoom out limit

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 21 Dec 2018

Hello, alko,

Bar Spacing minimal value is now 1/1000 to avoid performance issues like described here: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2374.
If you need to set a smaller value please change registry key as described below:
Please close all MultiCharts processes.
Then go to Windows Start button and launch Regedit.exe
Please go to this path:
for 32bit MC: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\MultiCharts\MainForm\MC\MCCharting\ChartManager\BarSpacing
for 64bit MC: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\MultiCharts64\MainForm\MC\MCCharting\ChartManager\BarSpacing
Set the value for the key “MinValueDenominator” to 1000.
Close Regedit and start MultiCharts.
Please keep in mind that you can face the mentioned performance issues when zooming out at maximum.
If you decide to roll back, please set the same key value to 10.

Return to “MultiCharts”