BarsinceEntry count is different in live (autotrade) mode and (NOT) live mode

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
petercruz

BarsinceEntry count is different in live (autotrade) mode and (NOT) live mode

Postby petercruz » 13 Dec 2018

hi MC team,

Please refer to attachment.
On the left hand side, strategy runs not in autotrade mode. i enter the position 1 bar later and set the workspace on the rightt to autotrade mode. Both worksheet runs the exact same strategy.
It seems that MC counted barsSincEntry from the bar that i manually when in live (autotrade mode) and not when the strategy enters the position. Can you replicate this over your end and confirm if my finding is correct? Many thanks.

Attachments
BarsSinceEntry.pdf
(260.61 KiB) Downloaded 163 times

Anna MultiCharts

Re: BarsinceEntry count is different in live (autotrade) mode and (NOT) live mode

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 14 Dec 2018

Hello, petercurz!

BarsSinceEntry returns the number of bars since the initial entry into the specified position. Manual entries are not taken into account. If you assign the position then the position synchronizing order will be considered an initial entry (which is exactly what’s displayed on your right chart).
On your left chart (backtesting) the last position was opened 8 bars ago. On the right screenshot (autotrading) the initial entry was opened 7 bars ago. You can count that yourself.

petercruz

Re: BarsinceEntry count is different in live (autotrade) mode and (NOT) live mode

Postby petercruz » 16 Dec 2018

hi anna,.
yes i can easily count & thank you for your reminder. Can i confirm your explanation as follow -

if my strategy actual bar entry is like 10 bars ago and lets say the position remain open over the weekend and i restart my computer for maintenance purposes. On Monday when i set my right side workspace to auotrade and reassign my open position when prompted, the bar entry is set to the bar which i reassign and not calculated from where my actual strategy enter the position?
thank you for your patience.

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 19 Dec 2018

petercruz,

Yes, that’s how it works.

Return to “MultiCharts”