how do I view in a chart the buy and sell of the strategy?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
lui72

how do I view in a chart the buy and sell of the strategy?

Postby lui72 » 12 Jan 2019

Hello everyone I have a question: how do I view in a chart the buy and sell of the strategy? In some charts I can view them in others not

TJ

Re: how do I view in a chart the buy and sell of the strategy?

Postby TJ » 13 Jan 2019

Hello everyone I have a question: how do I view in a chart the buy and sell of the strategy? In some charts I can view them in others not

Can you explain more on what you are looking for?
Do you have screen shots?

Which chart you can view? and which chart you cannot view??? Please be specific with exact examples.

lui72

Postby lui72 » 13 Jan 2019

Can you explain more on what you are looking for?
Do you have screen shots?

Which chart you can view? and which chart you cannot view??? Please be specific with exact examples.
Hi when i automate order eecution, i can't view buy and sell like in the attached screenshot . how can I do to see buy and sell on automated charts?
Attachments
chart.PNG
(34.76 KiB) Downloaded 503 times

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 15 Jan 2019

Hello, lui72!

Do you mean that these backtesting orders disappear from your chart once you start autotrading?
If yes, do you use SA (sync) mode?

lui72

Postby lui72 » 15 Jan 2019

Hello, lui72!

Do you mean that these backtesting orders disappear from your chart once you start autotrading?
If yes, do you use SA (sync) mode?
Hello Anna, , yes everything that i use SA (autotrading), backtesting orders disappear from my chart. Instead on TS i can see the backtesting orders even if i have autemated the chart.
How can i do on MC to see backtesting orders on automated chart?

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 16 Jan 2019

Lui72,

If you’re trading in SA mode that’s pre-determined behavior for the backtesting orders to disappear. When you start autotrading in SA the strategy is recalculated and it starts as if from Flat (as though there were no trades earlier).
Backtesting results will be preserved in AA mode, but this one is not synchronized with the broker, so generally we wouldn’t recommend using it. If you need to monitor your strategy behavior in backtesting you can create a copy of your trading chart and place the charts side by side.
Please refer to these articles for more info about autotrading modes:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Execution
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Selection

lui72

Re: how do I view in a chart the buy and sell of the strategy?  [SOLVED]

Postby lui72 » 17 Jan 2019

Ok thanks

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 21 Jan 2019

Sorry Anna, i'm not agree with You.

i use autotrading in SA mode, with the same stategy for long time. for me it's an issue, at the end of day all my orders are displyed on screen with shares filled and filled price all is on MC database (right ?). on morning when i open my workspace all my orders are erased why ? it's the pass no way to changes them ok ! Even i make change in my stategy YESTERDAY orders can't change and could be displayed ! (Mc keep them in orders folder)

My two cts:

When you open a chart in SA mode, first all datas are loaded in AA mode and i can see my last day orders for few seconds ! after the charts is loaded again in SA mode erased all screen orders name filled shares/price.

Simply don't erase the displayed orders when MC load SA mode. I can undestand that MC have to compute again the stategy to start a new day but i don't undestand WHY they need to clear historicals orders on screen!

even you compile your stategy with little change historics orders would stay on chart and be displayed !
Your new code will never change the past ! only futur LoL

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 24 Jan 2019

Hi Anna, any answer ?

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 28 Jan 2019

Hello, Smoky!

What you’re reporting seems to be different from what lui72 was asking and what I explained: lui32 is talking about hypothetical backtesting orders that disappear, and from your description it is as if the real trades from the previous day are erased. Real trades should remain on the chart if the conditions listed in this article are met:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... nformation
When you open a chart in SA mode, first all datas are loaded in AA mode and i can see my last day orders for few seconds ! after the charts is loaded again in SA mode erased all screen orders name filled shares/price
– they are not loaded in AA. If the signals are applied to the chart, then they give you backtesting results. Once you enable autotrading in SA mode, the backtesting orders disappear because this is pre-determenined behavior for SA mode as I’ve mentioned to lui72.
even you compile your stategy with little change historics orders would stay on chart and be displayed !
Your new code will never change the past ! only futur LoL
– you’re right, changing the strategy’s code and recompiling the strategy cannot influence the info about the orders filled on the broker (those that appear in your Order and Position Tracker -> Orders tab).

If checking the points listed in the article above don’t help you with re-displaying the real historical orders on your chart, I’d suggest to move this discussion to separate forum thread for this issue where you could provide more details about it and attach some screenshots + setup for illustration.

Return to “MultiCharts”