MC creating gaps in Volume bar charts? Big problem!!

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
vienna

MC creating gaps in Volume bar charts? Big problem!!

Postby vienna » 23 May 2008

This is a MAJOR problem: MC creates gaps in the data from an esignal feed. I am using Volume bar charts, and MC seems to do it in a random fashion. For example, I just copied my datafile from one computer to another, and on the second computer there are gaps in some charts, even though the other one has none.
I have now gaps in many of my swing charts, and I know of several other users that use Volume bar charts that have the same complaints. It is NOT an issue of esignal, apparently: some of the charts have gaps, others don't, and the same datafile creates gaps in one instance of MC but not in another (see above).

Help!

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 23 May 2008

Hi vienna,

This is a known issue and it will soon be fixed.

vienna

Postby vienna » 26 May 2008

Good, thank you- please give it priority!

I am Swing trading with your software and my charts have been screwed up, which means that this glitch is costing me actual money.

Marina Pashkova

Re: MC creating gaps in Volume bar charts? Big problem!!

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 May 2008

This is a MAJOR problem: MC creates gaps in the data from an esignal feed. I am using Volume bar charts, and MC seems to do it in a random fashion. For example, I just copied my datafile from one computer to another, and on the second computer there are gaps in some charts, even though the other one has none.
I have now gaps in many of my swing charts, and I know of several other users that use Volume bar charts that have the same complaints. It is NOT an issue of esignal, apparently: some of the charts have gaps, others don't, and the same datafile creates gaps in one instance of MC but not in another (see above).

Help!
Hi vienna,

One more thing:

Do you think you could contact us via LiveChat at http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html to demonstrate the problem? The thing with these gaps is that we can't consistently reproduce the problem. So the more information we have the sooner the bug will be fixed. Our engineers could get connected to your computer to see what's going on and to collect more information about the possible causes.

Also, you said that you copied the database from one computer to another and the charts on the second computer had gaps. Did you try doing a reload, or closing and opening MC again?

Thank you!

Return to “MultiCharts”