Portfolio trader with TS data  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tozwp

Portfolio trader with TS data

Postby tozwp » 21 Jan 2019

First time trying to use Portfolio Trader and am running into problems. I've launched PT, created an instrument list and added a simple signal. At this point when I try to Backtest, I get the error "You must have Administrator or PowerUser rights to run TS (failed to open cache files). I have TS set up to run as Administrator (advanced properties for the TS shortcut - Run as Administrator). I have had to do this to run Multicharts for years now. Canceling the backtest then shuts PT down and I repeatedly get the error "TS/ORCAL already in use, closing down!" This error continues even after I have shut off PortfolioTrader. At that point, I am also unable to open TS with PortfolioTrader closed. Next attempt after rebooting my pc was to start TS first and then PortfolioTrader. I then got the same message "TS/ORCAL already in use, closing down!".

Would like to learn how to use PortfolioTrader but first need to figure out how to get it running. Any ideas? Thanks!

MAZINGUER

Re: Portfolio trader with TS data

Postby MAZINGUER » 22 Jan 2019

Hello,
try the following: right click on the PT icon and select "run as administrator".

regards.

tozwp

Re: Portfolio trader with TS data  [SOLVED]

Postby tozwp » 22 Jan 2019

Thanks Mazinguer, that seems to have solved it!

Return to “MultiCharts”