Horizontal line snap to a grid- can' that be done?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
vienna

Horizontal line snap to a grid- can' that be done?

Postby vienna » 23 May 2008

It would be extremely useful to have the horizontal line tool snap to the grid of the chart as an option:
- If 1 tick of the market is 0.25, it would be ideal to have the line move/ snap to a grid of 1 tick increments... why on earth would one EVER need a horizontal line which is at 1346.9378 for the ES??? That line should snap to 1346.25 or 1346.50 to be useful.
Speed is important in trading.

- I know that other programs including TS can't seem to do that either, and that it is "Industry standard". Well- that just means that the standard is low and could be improved. Can't you guys create this feature?

- Now, in case you guys can do this, a parallel line tool that lets me set a second line at a specified distance (such as 3 ticks away) would be absolutely fantastic, for example for easy stop placement with one click

drwar

Postby drwar » 24 May 2008

I agree with Vienna , Excellent suggestions.

Hmmm...??, Vienna == Austria ? maybe he's related to AHH..NOLD

:-)

~J

Marina Pashkova

Re: Horizontal line snap to a grid- can' that be done?

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 May 2008

It would be extremely useful to have the horizontal line tool snap to the grid of the chart as an option:
- If 1 tick of the market is 0.25, it would be ideal to have the line move/ snap to a grid of 1 tick increments... why on earth would one EVER need a horizontal line which is at 1346.9378 for the ES??? That line should snap to 1346.25 or 1346.50 to be useful.
Speed is important in trading.

- I know that other programs including TS can't seem to do that either, and that it is "Industry standard". Well- that just means that the standard is low and could be improved. Can't you guys create this feature?

- Now, in case you guys can do this, a parallel line tool that lets me set a second line at a specified distance (such as 3 ticks away) would be absolutely fantastic, for example for easy stop placement with one click
Hi vienna,

We'll consider the feature above for implementation in future MC versions.

vienna

Re: Horizontal line snap to a grid- can' that be done?

Postby vienna » 26 May 2008

[quote[/quote]

Hi vienna,

We'll consider the feature above for implementation in future MC versions.[/quote]

Thanks, please do!

Return to “MultiCharts”