Auto-Trading with Interactive Brokers TWS - First Order of the Day not Executed  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
WEyeMC

Auto-Trading with Interactive Brokers TWS - First Order of the Day not Executed

Postby WEyeMC » 12 Feb 2019

Hi,

I have Interactive Brokers TWS connected to MultiCharts for automated trading.

The first automated order (market) of the day goes into TWS order queue but I have to execute it manually (right click on the order in TWS, "Transmit"), while the following orders are correctly executed automatically.

This is a normal behavior (happens every day) both on the Easylanguage and .NET version, I guess I have some configuration issue either on MC or TWS.

I'm also in contact with Interactive Brokers, I'll let you know is the issue is on their side and gets solved, but I was wondering if anyone is having the same problem and found a way to solve it.

Thanks a lot! :)

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Auto-Trading with Interactive Brokers TWS - First Order of the Day not Executed

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 13 Feb 2019

Hello, WEyeMC,

This is not something that can be configured in MultiCharts.
Please ask IB support how to transmit all orders automatically.

WEyeMC

Re: Auto-Trading with Interactive Brokers TWS - First Order of the Day not Executed

Postby WEyeMC » 13 Feb 2019

Hi, sure Svetlana, thank a lot, I'm in contact with IB support and they're reviewing the issue, I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same kind of behavior. I'll let you know as soon as they review the API log :)

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 Feb 2019

Hi,

I have Interactive Brokers TWS connected to MultiCharts for automated trading.

The first automated order (market) of the day goes into TWS order queue but I have to execute it manually (right click on the order in TWS, "Transmit"), while the following orders are correctly executed automatically.

This is a normal behavior (happens every day) both on the Easylanguage and .NET version, I guess I have some configuration issue either on MC or TWS.

I'm also in contact with Interactive Brokers, I'll let you know is the issue is on their side and gets solved, but I was wondering if anyone is having the same problem and found a way to solve it.

Thanks a lot! :)
At what time was your order generated?

If the order was generated before RTH, and on your TWS you have specified orders for RTH only, then MC will sent the order to IB, but not executed by IB.

WEyeMC

Postby WEyeMC » 13 Feb 2019

Hi TJ, thanks a lot, I'll check the clock both on MC and IB, the order is generated during RTH but maybe if there's a mismatch in the timezone options that could be the problem. Thanks a lot for the input!

WEyeMC

Re: Auto-Trading with Interactive Brokers TWS - First Order of the Day not Executed  [SOLVED]

Postby WEyeMC » 02 May 2019

The issue is now solved ;) if someone has a similar situation:

In Interactive Brokers TWS:

1. Go to "Settings > Global Configuration"

2. In "API > Precautions" I had to check "Bypass Order Precautions for API Orders"

Return to “MultiCharts”