how to close or reverse a specified number of contracts in the chart  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
auato

how to close or reverse a specified number of contracts in the chart

Postby auato » 22 Feb 2019

Hi to everybody,

due to the sensitive nature of the subject (I already lost some money for this) and as the Multicharts manuals are not completely clear in my opinion, about this point, I prefer to turn to you this simple question. I have a trade open with 2 contracts and now I would like to reverse or close only 1 contract leaving the other unchanged. My experience is that if I push the reverse or close buttons on the marker on the chart or if I push the Close or Reverse button on the trade panel, the operation affects all contracts currently open (even if there is wrote 1 in the text box for the quantity) while I want to be selective. How to do it? I would like to suggest to implement some short tips when the mouse pointer goes across important buttons.

Thank you

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: how to close or reverse a specified number of contracts in the chart

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 22 Feb 2019

Hello, auato,

The Close and Reverse buttons that you are referring to are designed for full close or reverse of the position accordingly.
In order to partially close the position, specify the number of contracts in the text box on the Chart Trading Panel and use Buy/Sell buttons, e.g. you have a long position for 3 contracts, and need to close 1 contact. Type 1 in the text box and press Sell Mkt/Bid/Ask.

auato

Postby auato » 22 Feb 2019

Hi Svetlana, thank you. I supposed to close just one contract writing 1 in the text box of the trading panel but when I pushed the button "reverse" it reversed all my active contracts. May be we are not talking about the same panel.... please look at the picture attached. Is the trading panel on the right side? I am referring to that panel.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
(32.58 KiB) Downloaded 258 times

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 26 Feb 2019

auato,

It’s correct, we are talking about the Close/Reverse buttons shown in the screenshot.
The Reverse button is supposed to reverse all active contracts by design.
The Close button is supposed to close all active contracts by design.
You can partially close the position with the method described above.

auato

Re: how to close or reverse a specified number of contracts in the chart  [SOLVED]

Postby auato » 26 Feb 2019

OK clear now... I never thought those Sell & Buy Mkt/Ask/Bis were pushable buttons. Thank you

Return to “MultiCharts”